Jacobs Mechanical Engineer in Knutsford, United Kingdom
Critical Mission Solutions
Your mission is our mission.
We're invested in you and your success. Everything we do - whether Aerospace, Defense, Intelligence, Information Technology, Cybersecurity, Nuclear, Automotive, or Telecommunications - is more than just a project. It's our challenge as human beings, too. That's why we bring a thoughtful and collaborative approach to every one of our partnerships.
It's our promise to challenge the status quo as we redefine how to solve the world's greatest challenges, and transform big ideas into intelligent solutions for a more connected, sustainable world.
Design your career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed –today and into tomorrow.
Start your Jacobs career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed – today and into tomorrow.
Our Critical Mission Solutions business – we are invested in you and your success. Everything we do - whether Aerospace, Defence, Intelligence, Information Technology, Cybersecurity, Nuclear, Automotive, or Telecommunications - is more than just a project. It is our challenge as human beings, too. That is why we bring a thoughtful and collaborative approach to every one of our partnerships.
About the opportunity:
Jacobs is currently recruiting for a Mechanical Engineer to join our New Nuclear & Generation Services Business. The candidate will be based at Booths Park offices in Knutsford with the possibility of being able to travel to other sites and Jacobs offices, as required. There will also be the facility to work from home dependent on client and project requirements. You will report into the Plant Optimisation and Engineering Manager and work closely with the Mechanical Technical Lead.
The successful candidate must be highly motivated and proactive and looking to develop their technical capabilities. The Mechanical Engineering post is for those with experience of working within the civil, nuclear or other highly regulated industries. Candidates will be familiar with the requirements of working in a regulated environment with providing ER support and as a Jacobs employee, you will deliver work to high HSSE standards in compliance to HSSE regulations.
The role offers good variety of work and opportunities to become involved in reviewing design/design substantiation, producing/revising safety cases, advising on maintenance/testing requirements, production of calculations, providing advice on wide ranging technical issues and queries and supporting refurbishment/modification projects to extend life of plant & equipment.
• Prepare technical reports, reliability reviews and other safety case supporting documentation
• Work to continuously improve maintenance practices and equipment reliability within the customer organisation through knowledge of mechanical systems, maintenance optimisation principals etc.
• Support the development of proposals and tenders by providing accurate estimates of work
• Maintain and develop successful working relationships with engineers within client organisations
• Work in a safe and sustainable manner and strive for continuous improvement in these areas
Here’s What You’ll Need:
Here’s What You’ll Need:
• Degree qualified Mechanical engineer (or accomplished engineer through apprentice route with relevant expertise)
• Chartered or Incorporated member (or working towards Chartership) of IMechE or equivalent
• Knowledge of and ability to apply standards and regulations related to one of the technical disciplines
• Knowledge/experience of design and/or design substantiation
• Demonstrable experience in one or more of the following technical disciplines:
• Cranes/Lifting equipment
• Pipework (designed to ASME code)
• Rotating plant
• Proven history of system analysis which leads to making recommendations of how a system is performing and where improvements can be made
• Knowledge of Civil nuclear plant systems, structures and component and associated design and assessment guidelines a distinct advantage
• Self-motivated, with an ability and desire to work collaboratively with other organisations to create new opportunities
• Ability to think innovatively and solve complex problems
• Ability to communicate well, both verbally and in writing
Part time or flexible working will be considered for the right candidate.
We clear the way for inventive thinking so you have the support, means and space to deliver the boldest solutions for the extraordinary and every day. Jacobs. A world where you can.
We’re invested in you and your success. Our values stand on a foundation of safety, integrity, inclusion and diversity. We put people at the heart of our business and we truly believe that by supporting one another through our culture of caring, we all succeed. We value positive mental health and a sense of Dbelonging for all employees.
We aim to make inclusion and diversity core attributes of our identity, embedded in all our employment and business practices in all locations. We know that if we are inclusive, we’re more connected, and if we are diverse, we’re more creative.
Jacobs partners with VERCIDA to help us attract and retain diverse talent. For greater online accessibility please visit www.vercida.co.uk to view and access our roles.
As a Disability Confident employer, we will interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for a vacancy. We welcome applications from candidates who are seeking flexible working and from those who may not meet all the listed requirements for a role.
If you have any queries regarding the application process, please contact www.jacobs.com/contact/careers2
Successful candidates will be asked to complete a Baseline Personnel Security Standard Pre-Employment check and will be required to undergo various checks including: Identity, Right to Work; Employment/Education History and Criminal Record. If you are unable to meet this and any associated criteria, then your employment may be delayed or rejected.
At Jacobs, we’re challenging today to reinvent tomorrow by solving the world’s most critical problems for thriving cities, resilient environments, mission-critical outcomes, operational advancement, scientific discovery and cutting-edge manufacturing, turning abstract ideas into realities that transform the world for good. With $13 billion in revenue and a talent force of more than 55,000, Jacobs provides a full spectrum of professional services including consulting, technical, scientific and project delivery for the government and private sector.