Jacobs Probabilistic Safety Assessment (PSA) Engineer in Knutsford, United Kingdom
Critical Mission Solutions
Your mission is our mission.
We're invested in you and your success. Everything we do - whether Aerospace, Defense, Intelligence, Information Technology, Cybersecurity, Nuclear, Automotive, or Telecommunications - is more than just a project. It's our challenge as human beings, too. That's why we bring a thoughtful and collaborative approach to every one of our partnerships.
It's our promise to challenge the status quo as we redefine how to solve the world's greatest challenges, and transform big ideas into intelligent solutions for a more connected, sustainable world.
Design your career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed –today and into tomorrow.
Start your Jacobs career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed – today and into tomorrow.
Our Critical Mission Solutions business – we are invested in you and your success. Everything we do - whether Aerospace, Defence, Intelligence, Information Technology, Cybersecurity, Nuclear, Automotive, or Telecommunications - is more than just a project. It is our challenge as human beings, too. That is why we bring a thoughtful and collaborative approach to every one of our partnerships.
It is our promise to challenge the status quo as we redefine how to solve the world's greatest challenges and transform big ideas into intelligent solutions for a more connected, sustainable world.
Jacobs is recruiting Probabilistic Safety Analysis (PSA) Engineers at all levels, to their Cheshire and Gloucestershire offices, to support our customers throughout the Nuclear Lifecycle.
Our customers who require a solution based approach to support their challenges and key projects include:
• Prospective licensees, reactor designers and vendors
• Nuclear site operators
• Industry bodies and regulators
• Research institutions
In this role you will have the opportunity to work alongside a diverse group of team members to meet our evolving customer needs. You will also be supported to develop your skills and experience as well as offered opportunities to build a successful career and lead technical teams, taking responsibility for project delivery.
For anyone joining Jacobs as a PSA Engineer, the key responsibilities will be:
• Developing and maintaining PSA models in line with international best practice and regulatory expectations
• Understand safety principles, their role and link between safety cases and the PSA models
• Performing Level 1 PSA studies to support customer safety cases
• Liaising with customers to develop relationships, understand their challenges and developing and presenting solutions.
• Representing the business in technical meetings with clients, regulators and other third parties.
• Supporting the development of contract proposals and tenders to address customers’ needs and demonstrate value.
• Maintaining the technical capability/knowledge of the community and mentoring junior team members
• Delivering work to agreed budgets and timescales to ensure customer satisfaction
• Continuing to develop technical knowledge and competence in field of expertise
Here’s What You’ll Need:
In addition to being capable of working autonomously and as part of a team it is essential that candidates can demonstrate:
• An undergraduate degree (or equivalent) in an appropriate scientific or engineering discipline.
• Knowledge and experience of the application of Probabilistic Safety Analysis – including analysis of reliability data, Fault Tree and Event Tree Analysis and associated software – in the civil nuclear, defence or high consequence sectors.
• Understand Safety Assessment Principles and their role and application to modern standards safety case preparation.
• Knowledge and experience in the development of Safety Case documentation in the Nuclear Industry or another highly regulated industry.
• Demonstrable communication skills with stakeholders both internally and externally including the ability to lead discussions with customers to understand their challenges, develop and present solutions.
• Adaptable and able to work on a variety of projects, prioritising as appropriate.
We clear the way for inventive thinking so you have the support, means and space to deliver the boldest solutions for the extraordinary and every day. Jacobs. A world where you can.
We’re invested in you and your success. Our values stand on a foundation of safety, integrity, inclusion and diversity. We put people at the heart of our business and we truly believe that by supporting one another through our culture of caring, we all succeed. We value positive mental health and a sense of belonging for all employees.
We aim to make inclusion and diversity core attributes of our identity, embedded in all our employment and business practices in all locations. We know that if we are inclusive, we’re more connected, and if we are diverse, we’re more creative.
Jacobs partners with VERCIDA to help us attract and retain diverse talent. For greater online accessibility please visit www.vercida.co.uk to view and access our roles.
As a Disability Confident employer, we will interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for a vacancy. We welcome applications from candidates who are seeking flexible working and from those who may not meet all the listed requirements for a role.
If you have any queries regarding the application process, please contact the team here. #JacobsCMSjob
Successful candidates will be asked to complete a Baseline Personnel Security Standard Pre-Employment check and will be required to undergo various checks including: Identity, Right to Work; Employment/Education History and Criminal Record. If you are unable to meet this and any associated criteria, then your employment may be delayed or rejected.
At Jacobs, we’re challenging today to reinvent tomorrow by solving the world’s most critical problems for thriving cities, resilient environments, mission-critical outcomes, operational advancement, scientific discovery and cutting-edge manufacturing, turning abstract ideas into realities that transform the world for good. With $13 billion in revenue and a talent force of more than 55,000, Jacobs provides a full spectrum of professional services including consulting, technical, scientific and project delivery for the government and private sector.