Jacobs Assistant Geo-Environmental Engineering/Asystent ds. Inżynierii Środowiska in Krakow, Poland
Our People & Places Solutions business – reinforces our drive to improve the lives of people everywhere and epitomizes the "why" of what we do – the tremendous positive impact and value our solutions bring to our communities and society as a whole. From facilities delivering life-saving therapies and ensuring clean water to enabling the connection of people through all modes of transportation and providing access to technology – we're integrating a multitude of these solution elements to build the smart environments of tomorrow.
Start your Jacobs career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed – today and into tomorrow.
JACOBS is one of the world’s largest and most diverse providers of technical and management services, offering a full spectrum of consultancy support to commercial, government and industrial clients. As part of that support, Jacobs has developed one of the leading and longest-standing geo-environmental consultancy capabilities in the UK and Europe, with over 450 scientists and engineers delivering practical and innovative solutions to ground-related problems. Our diverse range of disciplines in this team includes land contamination assessment/remediation, hydrogeology, geophysics, geomorphology, geotechnical engineering, tunnelling and engineering geology, all of which benefit from our “One Jacobs” approach to business working harmoniously with other disciplines for innovation and efficiency.
We are continuing to grow the depth and breadth of the technical services that our geoscience and geo-engineering teams can provide for our clients. As a result, we are recruiting a geo-environmental graduate to join our Land Quality team (within our Water & Environment business unit) in Krakow to support our UK operations and develop growth within the European market. The UK and Europe Land Quality team includes over 70 contamination specialists that provide strategic advice and innovative solutions to manage our clients’ subsurface environmental liabilities.
The role will involve office work primarily in Krakow or Warsaw, although could involve field-based work in the UK and Europe, so a willingness to travel would be beneficial. Projects will include a broad range of land quality work including land contamination, groundwater and ground gas assessments. We support clients with projects across a range public and private sectors including significant infrastructure, nuclear, aviation, highways, utilities and industrial facilities.
The assumed base office location at this stage is our Krakow or Warsaw office. It may be necessary to be based in other Jacobs offices or at our client offices or sites as projects require.
Here’s What You’ll Need:
• Possess a good undergraduate degree in a relevant subject (Geology, Hydrogeology, Earth Science, Geochemistry, Soil Science or Environmental related discipline).
• Excellent communication skills and the ability to work as part of a large multi-disciplinary team, often remotely with colleagues in the UK, and build positive working relationships.
• A knowledge of GIS and environmental data management/assessment.
• Excellent written and spoken English.
• Have the ability to produce well-presented and accurate reports and a willingness to learn new skills and apply them in a consultancy setting.
• Ideally hold a further qualification (e.g. MSc) in a relevant subject.
• Experience or knowledge of relevant software, such as ESdat, EQuIS and Holebase/OpenGround.
• A knowledge of environmental sampling and monitoring techniques for land contamination.
• Knowledge of Environmental Impact Assessment and the land quality inputs required.
• Knowledge of UK land contamination assessment process including relevant guideline criteria etc. (or willingness to learn)
• Driving license
At Jacobs, we’re challenging today to reinvent tomorrow by solving the world’s most critical problems for thriving cities, resilient environments, mission-critical outcomes, operational advancement, scientific discovery and cutting-edge manufacturing, turning abstract ideas into realities that transform the world for good. With $13 billion in revenue and a talent force of more than 55,000, Jacobs provides a full spectrum of professional services including consulting, technical, scientific and project delivery for the government and private sector.