Jacobs Environmental Planning Specialist/ Specjalista ds. Planistyki in Krakow, Poland
Our People & Places Solutions business – reinforces our drive to improve the lives of people everywhere and epitomizes the "why" of what we do – the tremendous positive impact and value our solutions bring to our communities and society as a whole. From facilities delivering life-saving therapies and ensuring clean water to enabling the connection of people through all modes of transportation and providing access to technology – we're integrating a multitude of these solution elements to build the smart environments of tomorrow.
Start your Jacobs career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed – today and into tomorrow.
• Support the development of the Digital Planning Tool to be more effective in supporting project modelling and EIA processes.
• Support the development of the Digital Planning Tool to include the harvesting of Planning Policy information.
• Manage the production and delivery of the Digital Planning Tool to support project working, setting up and running the tool.
• Review costs and drive further efficiencies in the Digital Planning Tool process.
• Enable the Digital Planning Tool to be embedded in the planning process so that projects use the Digital Planning Tool as a default.
Here’s What You’ll Need:
• A good degree qualification in planning or related degree.
• An understanding of current planning issues and the planning process especially with regards to major development schemes and infrastructure projects, also in the UK.
• Technical ability preferably with experience in planning policy, planning applications and related areas including EIA and other Impact Assessments.
• Recent development management or development planning experience in public or private sectors.
• Digital experience and automated tool development.
• UK Town & Country Planning Act experience (training will be offered where needed).
The Digital Planning Tool is an automated process to harvest planning application data held by Local Planning Authorities that use the Idox platform. This data allows projects to develop designs taking into account existing and proposed planning consents which are not yet present on the ground. It also allows for the assessment of the impact of projects within the context of all development in an area. This tool replaces a manual process of collating planning records.
Full time, permanent employment ( office+remote work)
Opportunity to work on exciting international projects and programs
Commitment to your personal and professional development
Dynamic environment that encourages a healthy work life balance with flexible working conditions
At Jacobs, we’re challenging today to reinvent tomorrow by solving the world’s most critical problems for thriving cities, resilient environments, mission-critical outcomes, operational advancement, scientific discovery and cutting-edge manufacturing, turning abstract ideas into realities that transform the world for good. With $13 billion in revenue and a talent force of more than 55,000, Jacobs provides a full spectrum of professional services including consulting, technical, scientific and project delivery for the government and private sector.