Jacobs Junior Ecologist in Krakow, Poland
Our People & Places Solutions business – reinforces our drive to improve the lives of people everywhere and epitomizes the "why" of what we do – the tremendous positive impact and value our solutions bring to our communities and society as a whole. From facilities delivering life-saving therapies and ensuring clean water to enabling the connection of people through all modes of transportation and providing access to technology – we're integrating a multitude of these solution elements to build the smart environments of tomorrow.
Start your Jacobs career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed – today and into tomorrow.
• Providing ecological support and advice in relation to UK legislation and planning policy framework;
• Preparing a range of ecological assessment reports including Preliminary Ecology Appraisal (PEA), Ecological Impact Assessments (EcIA), Habitats Regulations Assessment (HRA), feasibility studies, desk-based studies and a range of other technical reports;
• Data analysis and interpretation;
• Survey logistics and resource co-ordination;
• Project and budget management for small projects; and,
• Robust and effective mitigation and biodiversity enhancement design.
Here’s What You’ll Need:
• An appropriate degree qualification;
• A minimum of 2 years’ relevant experience;
• Familiarity with current and emerging EU legislative and policy framework for biodiversity and nature;
• Excellent report writing, organisation and communication skills; and,
• Enthusiastic team player.
Desirable Experience (not essential to apply for the role however preference may be given to candidates presenting those skills):
• An ecological specialism (e.g. ornithology, bat specialist, botanist)
• Experience of working closely with other environmental specialists;
• Bat sound analysis experience or willingness to get trained;
• Transferable IT and data management skills (e.g. GIS, Programming languages such as R-script and Python).
Full time, permanent employment ( office+remote work)
Opportunity to work on exciting international projects and programs
Commitment to your personal and professional development
Dynamic environment that encourages a healthy work life balance with flexible working conditions
At Jacobs, we’re challenging today to reinvent tomorrow by solving the world’s most critical problems for thriving cities, resilient environments, mission-critical outcomes, operational advancement, scientific discovery and cutting-edge manufacturing, turning abstract ideas into realities that transform the world for good. With $13 billion in revenue and a talent force of more than 55,000, Jacobs provides a full spectrum of professional services including consulting, technical, scientific and project delivery for the government and private sector.