Jacobs Senior Ecologist in Krakow, Poland
Our People & Places Solutions business – reinforces our drive to improve the lives of people everywhere and epitomizes the "why" of what we do – the tremendous positive impact and value our solutions bring to our communities and society as a whole. From facilities delivering life-saving therapies and ensuring clean water to enabling the connection of people through all modes of transportation and providing access to technology – we're integrating a multitude of these solution elements to build the smart environments of tomorrow.
Start your Jacobs career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed – today and into tomorrow.
Responsibilities will include:
• Delivery of ecological advice and assessments;
• Leading and mentoring ecologists working on the portfolio of projects;
• Resource management and interface with UK Terrestrial Ecology Head of Discipline and Resource Manager;
• Ecological project management;
• Preparation of ecological impact assessments, habitats regulations assessment, feasibility studies, and scheme reports for projects;
• Resolution of technical issues as they occur for a range of areas across projects and for the monitoring of progress;
• Integrating the regional delivery and supporting the UK ecology delivery; and
• Taking an active role in the technical development of staff, coaching and mentoring on technical issues, including mentoring Ecological Clerks of Works.
Here’s What You’ll Need:
Key Desirable Experience:
• Previous experience of delivering impact assessments for UK major infrastructure projects;
• Familiarity with current and emerging UK legislative and policy framework for biodiversity and nature;
• Experience of effective stakeholder and regulator engagement for infrastructure projects;
• Understanding of emerging DEFRA biodiversity metric tool;
• Track record of delivering biodiversity enhancements;
• Track record of providing value added solutions to infrastructure project delivery;
• An ecological specialism;
• Experience of working closely with other environmental specialists;
• Project and/or budget management;
• ECoW experience;
• Protected species license(s); and
• GIS skills.
At Jacobs, we’re challenging today to reinvent tomorrow by solving the world’s most critical problems for thriving cities, resilient environments, mission-critical outcomes, operational advancement, scientific discovery and cutting-edge manufacturing, turning abstract ideas into realities that transform the world for good. With $13 billion in revenue and a talent force of more than 55,000, Jacobs provides a full spectrum of professional services including consulting, technical, scientific and project delivery for the government and private sector.