Jacobs Senior Environmental Engineer in Krakow, Poland
Senior Environmental Engineer
SUMMARYOF JOB PURPOSE:
A highly motivated EnvironmentalConsultant (Engineer or Geologist preferred) with a minimum of 10 years’experience with environmental investigations, contaminated landcharacterisation, soil and groundwater remediation and project management issought. Experience with multi-nationalcorporations is an asset and good interpersonal skills and international experienceare requirements. Successful candidates will be educated to degree orpost-graduate level in a relevant science, geosciences, engineering orenvironmental technical subject.
Fluent spoken and written Englishis mandatory. Clients and team are international and working knowledge of otherlanguages is also beneficial. Technicalspecialisation in hydrogeology, contaminated land remediation or remedialengineering would be a plus. Thecandidate should have solid experience contributing to groundwater monitoringplans, environmental site investigations and contaminated land remediationprojects in Poland.
KEY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Responsibilities withinthe role will include the ability to lead and work effectively within and manageproject teams, and contribute to deliverables (with a focus on environmentalsite investigations and contaminated land remediation demonstrating also atechnical knowledge and proficiency in these areas), management of clientrelationships, budget control, and co-ordination of in-house and externalspecialists and contractors. Thecandidate would have flexible balance of technical and management skills and beexpected to contribute to proposals and manage teams for project delivery. Ahigh level of communication skills, both written and verbal will be required.
The successful candidatemust have initiative, energy, enthusiasm and commitment and be flexible in workapproach . Some travel to project sites and meeting would be required,though the primary work location will be Krakow/Warsaw. Responsibility for maintaining project teamsthat safely delivering quality work is key.
Good peopleskills, ability to work remotely with project teams, experience withmulti-national clients and contaminated land and soil and groundwaterremediation plus the following attributes:
- _ Educational background in a science,geosciences, environmental or engineering related discipline
- _ Minimum 10 years of relatedproject experience
- _ Direct experience related tocontaminated site characterization and remediation engineering / techniques
- _ Understanding of Human healthrisk assessment and risk-based decision making with a focus on sustainabilityan asset
- _ Proven experience in theapplication of national and regional environmental legislation in Poland – workingknowledge of EIA process will be additional asset
- _ Task or project managementexperience will be an asset
- _ Awareness of main field H&Stopics and procedures
- _ Fluent spoken and written Englishis required;
- _ Ability and willingness toperiodically travel and support work at project sites (up to approximately 25%)
- _ Good interpersonal skills
Primary Location Poland-Poland Countrywide-Krakow
Req ID: BI 0008GD