Jacobs Senior Environmental Management and Permitting Consultant/ Starszy Konsultant ds. Zarządzania Środowiskiem in Krakow, Poland
Our People & Places Solutions business – reinforces our drive to improve the lives of people everywhere and epitomizes the "why" of what we do – the tremendous positive impact and value our solutions bring to our communities and society as a whole. From facilities delivering life-saving therapies and ensuring clean water to enabling the connection of people through all modes of transportation and providing access to technology – we're integrating a multitude of these solution elements to build the smart environments of tomorrow.
Start your Jacobs career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed – today and into tomorrow.
Business Unit Description:
Our Environment, Maritime and Resilience business provides a focus for advising our clients on sustainability issues including renewable energy, low carbon economies, impacts of climate change and waste and resources management. Our environment and sustainability teams comprise in excess of 1000 staff based predominantly in the UK, but with reach into the Middle East and in India.
Our Sustainability team advises clients on a breadth of sustainability issues; providing strategic consulting advice, benchmarking to enhance performance and development and implementation of systems to promote better sustainability outcomes across organisations and projects. This draws on services including environmental management and information systems, carbon and energy management, adapting to climate risk, waste and resource management and support on low carbon and circular economy. To meet our growing UK business needs and future development aspirations we are seeking a Senior Environmental Management and Permitting Consultant (depending upon experience).
The role is to be based out of Krakow or Warsaw.
As a Senior Environmental Management and Permitting Consultant, you will sit within the Environmental Management and Compliance team and work with other internal teams to provide sustainable solutions as part of the projects and proposals we work on. We expect a strong background in environmental permitting (experience in UK will be additional benefit), as well as the ability to draw on wider environmental and sustainability areas to provide effective solutions for the client.
This role will be to provide technical expertise and advice in relation to environmental permitting, management and compliance within client organisations across infrastructure, manufacturing and service sectors. This role offers the opportunity to work with a diverse portfolio of Jacobs’ high-profile clients and contribute to the implementation of projects across large and complex estates and processes.
You will be responsible for assessing client’s processes and procedures, supporting the permit application process including completion of relevant documentation (including assessment of Best Available Techniques and preparation of EMS documentation where required), and support in addressing Schedule 5 responses. In addition, you will be expected to actively develop your network internally and externally to the business, maintain positive client relationships and contribute to work winning activities, where appropriate.
We are seeking an individual with the flexibility and desire to support projects across all sectors. An essential part of this role will be to scope technical solutions, provide practical support and deliver projects that will improve the performance of our client organisations in relation to various aspects of environmental management
Here’s What You’ll Need:
• A good degree qualification in a relevant environmental/natural science;
• At least 8 years’ experience of environmental permitting across a range of industry and business sectors;
• Strong technical skills in sustainability and environmental management;
• Strong data analysis and validation skills;
• Excellent report writing skills and substantial experience of report writing, presentations and workshop delivery;
• Excellent communication and teamwork skills;
• A focus and desire to work safely;
• Flexibility to work between different offices if required and a willingness to travel occasionally.
• A Masters level qualification (or equivalent) in environmental management or compliance;
• Experience working with multi-disciplinary engineering teams;
• Experience of dealing with regulatory authorities;
• Strong technical skills in waste management, carbon, water and energy management:
• High level commercial awareness and an aptitude for business development;
• Experience working in UK related with environmental permitting will be beneficial
• Chartered status to an appropriate institution (IEMA, CIWEM, CIWM, ICE, IEEM, EI etc) or willingness to become chartered member;
At Jacobs, we’re challenging today to reinvent tomorrow by solving the world’s most critical problems for thriving cities, resilient environments, mission-critical outcomes, operational advancement, scientific discovery and cutting-edge manufacturing, turning abstract ideas into realities that transform the world for good. With $13 billion in revenue and a talent force of more than 55,000, Jacobs provides a full spectrum of professional services including consulting, technical, scientific and project delivery for the government and private sector.