Jacobs Senior Geo-Environmental Engineer/Starszy Inżynier ds. Środowiskowych in Krakow, Poland
Our People & Places Solutions business – reinforces our drive to improve the lives of people everywhere and epitomizes the "why" of what we do – the tremendous positive impact and value our solutions bring to our communities and society as a whole. From facilities delivering life-saving therapies and ensuring clean water to enabling the connection of people through all modes of transportation and providing access to technology – we're integrating a multitude of these solution elements to build the smart environments of tomorrow.
Start your Jacobs career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed – today and into tomorrow.
JACOBS is one of the world’s largest and most diverse providers of technical and management services, offering a full spectrum of consultancy support to commercial, government and industrial clients. As part of that support, Jacobs has developed one of the leading and longest-standing geo-environmental consultancy capabilities in the UK and Europe, with over 450 scientists and engineers delivering practical and innovative solutions to ground-related problems. Our diverse range of disciplines in this team includes land contamination assessment/remediation, hydrogeology, geophysics, geomorphology, geotechnical engineering, tunnelling and engineering geology, all of which benefit from our “One Jacobs” approach to business working harmoniously with other disciplines for innovation and efficiency.
We are continuing to grow the depth and breadth of the technical services that our geoscience and geo-engineering teams can provide for our clients. As a result, we are recruiting a senior geo-environmental scientist to join our Land Quality team (within our Water & Environment business unit) to enhance our team strength in providing high quality geo-environmental advice to our clients in the UK and European markets. The UK and Europe Land Quality team includes over 70 contamination specialists that provide strategic advice and innovative solutions to manage our clients’ subsurface environmental liabilities. We support clients with projects across a range public and private sectors including significant infrastructure, nuclear, aviation, highways, utilities and industrial facilities.
The individual we seek should have good all-round technical expertise in geo-environmental work, with experience of infrastructure and development projects, ideally within the UK market. Chartered status with an appropriate professional body would be preferred.
The assumed base office location at this stage is our Krakow or Warsaw office. It may be necessary to be based in other Jacobs offices or at our client offices or sites as projects require.
Here’s What You’ll Need:
• A minimum of a good undergraduate degree in a relevant subject (Geology, Earth Science, Geochemistry, Environmental Science or Engineering related discipline).
• A minimum of 5 years’ experience in geo-environmental consulting.
• Capable of working autonomously and be adaptable and flexible to a range of project requirements.
• A team player who is able and willing to mentor junior colleagues to help develop the team.
• Commercial awareness, including ability to manage budgets and programme.
• The ability to work as part of a large multi-disciplinary team, often remotely with colleagues in the UK, and build positive working relationships.
• Excellent written and spoken English.
• The ability to produce well-presented and accurate reports and a willingness to learn new skills and apply them in a consultancy setting.
• Proven experience of delivering a combination of Phase 1 land contamination desk studies, design of ground investigations and soil/groundwater sampling plans and production of Phase 2 interpretive reports including generic quantitative risk assessments and robust conceptual site models.
• Hold a further qualification (e.g. MSc) in a relevant subject.
• Chartership with a relevant professional body (or willingness to working towards chartership).
• Experience of using contamination data assessment software, including ESdat and EQuIS, as well as Holebase/OpenGround, ArcGIS and 3D modelling software such as EVS and Leapfrog.
• Experience of working on multi-disciplinary projects including interaction with relevant disciplines such as geotechnical, hydrogeology, hydrology and waste.
• Experience of undertaking Detailed Quantitative Risk Assessments for protection of human health and / or controlled waters.
• Working knowledge of Environmental Impact Assessment and the land quality inputs required including agricultural soil quality.
• Experience of UK land contamination assessment process including knowledge of relevant guideline criteria etc. and ideally a mixture of site and office-based work experience
• Driving licence.
Full time, permanent employment ( office+remote work)
Opportunity to work on exciting international projects and programs
Commitment to your personal and professional development
Dynamic environment that encourages a healthy work life balance with flexible working conditions
At Jacobs, we’re challenging today to reinvent tomorrow by solving the world’s most critical problems for thriving cities, resilient environments, mission-critical outcomes, operational advancement, scientific discovery and cutting-edge manufacturing, turning abstract ideas into realities that transform the world for good. With $13 billion in revenue and a talent force of more than 55,000, Jacobs provides a full spectrum of professional services including consulting, technical, scientific and project delivery for the government and private sector.