Jacobs Senior Process Mechanical Engineer (Water and Wastewater Treatment) in Krakow, Poland
Jacobs is an international engineering company providing technical consulting, design and investment project management services to clients in the public and private sectors. We are present both in the construction of industrial facilities and transport infrastructure, as well as investments related to water management, flood protection and nuclear energy. We have more than 50,000 employees worldwide.
In Krakow there is a Global Design Center, where we already employ over 1300 engineers and over 1000 specialists in various industries (Accounting, IT, HR, Purchasing) as part of the Shared Services Center.
We support professional development opportunities in a motivating and creative work environment. We have groups of young professionals "Careers Network" and "Women's Network", which offer training sessions, mentoring, trips to conferences, volunteering activities.
We are looking for graduates and specialists interested in working as a Senior Process Mechanical Engineer (Water and Wastewater Treatment) in Kraków or Warsaw.
• Developing the design of Water and Wastewater Treatment Plants (including Sludge Treatment facilities and Odour Control facilities) and Water and Wastewater Networks.
• Water and wastewater mechanical equipment sizing and selection: Screens, Mixers, Conveyors, Sludge Thickeners and Centrifuges, Chemical dosing systems, etc.
• Preparing hydraulic calculations for pressurized/gravity systems.
• Pump and fan sizing/selection.
• Valve selection (including penstocks).
• Pipe sizing and material selection.
• Developing concept design, detail design, tender and construction documentation in accordance with both, schedule and budget.
• Preparing and reviewing design documents e.g. calculations, data sheets, specifications, pipe and valve schedules.
• Supervision of 3d modeling and 2d drawing preparation.
• Good understanding of P&IDs and PFDs.
• Multidiscipline coordination.
• Undertake liaison with internal clients/customers/vendors in order to develop business relationships.
• Providing mentoring and support for junior engineers and cad technicians.
• Contribute to the production and delivery of concise high-quality technical documentation in English.
• Participation in foreign business trips (short duration).
Employment on the basis of a full-time employment contract,
The ability to work in an office or a hybrid model,
Flexible working hours (we start between 7:30-9:30),
"Short Fridays" (Monday – Thursday 8.5h, Friday 6h),
Work in an experienced project team, on international/long-term projects in a company present in all areas of infrastructure,
Cooperation with engineers from foreign Jacobs offices,
The opportunity to participate in initiatives related to innovation and its practical use in the automation and optimization of design using various technologies, tools and programming languages,
Membership in Jacobs social networks (Women's network, One World, PRISM, Careers Network, Collectively and others) and participation in initiatives related to their activities,
Benefits package (LuxMed medical package, additional life insurance, multisport card co-financing, My Benefit cafeteria system, psychological care),
Language courses (English, German, Polish),
Annual reimbursement of the costs of membership in the Chamber of Engineers;
Here’s What You’ll Need:
• Master’s Degree in the field of Environmental Engineering.
• Chartered status from an appropriate institution.
• At least 5 years of relevant experience in the Water and Wastewater Treatment Industry.
• Preferred - good knowledge of EU, UK and US design codes.
• Experience in the application of hydraulic modelling software.
• Experienced in working with municipal clients and Design-Build and EPC contracts.
• Good English communication skills, both verbal and writing.
• Extraordinary interpersonal and organizational skills.
• Willingness to learn and gain new skills.
• Experience in helping to mentor and guide junior engineers in how to design.
• Building interpersonal relationships, facilitating conflict resolution, and leading diverse teams.