Jacobs Draftsperson A in Las Cruces, New Mexico
1. Possess basic knowledge of engineering concepts and construction planning procedures along with project scope and ensuring designs are consistent with technical requirements. Ability to work to specifications and discipline associated instructions in accordance with established design practices, standards and procedures
2. Ability to work in design teams, able to discuss routine technical problems and communicate effectively with immediate manager and other project personnel. Regularly interface with departmental staff, middle and upper management and frequently with outside customers. Keep proper files and records related to assigned design activities, project progress and time usage.
3. Work in multiple disciplines and be able to assist in calculation of materials, create accurate materials lists, acquire areas and square footages for design calculations, etc. and use shop level mathematics to achieve this directive. Must be able to make design determinations involving physical or minor functional considerations for all disciplines.
4. Perform difficult drafting/design and/or technical support assignments, requiring the application of advanced drafting and fundamental drafting/design techniques, in accordance with established standards and procedures. Ability to apply comprehensive technical knowledge to perform tasks, or solve problems that can NOT typically be solved by interpreting manufacturer’s manual or similar documents.
5. Must be able to utilize advanced PC, 2D and 3D software, such as AutoCAD, Revit, Inventor or PTC Creo to include knowledge of model space and proper layout tabs along with layer control, cross-references, external references, drawing set-up and using templates. Ability to incorporate data from 3d models, sketches, cut-sheets, notes, engineering instructions, GPS field data and GIS mapping shape files.
6. Must be able to create drawing packages following site standards, using templates and annotative symbols with attributes and be able to extract and present that information, Must be able to create templates and annotative, attributed symbols and standardized dimension formats.
7. Can create solid models and assemblies, and assist lower level classifications in creating assembly drawings from those models.
8. Ability to accurately estimate drafting and /or checking time, meet deadlines and manage priorities.
9. Must understand how to load, configure and customize AutoCAD CUI, for example, the ribbon, toolbars, commands and menus. Also have an understanding of plotter configuration and applicable knowledge to be able to fix minor errors with plotters, scanners, and computers, and configure computer hardware, software and peripherals WITHOUT supervision and assist lower level classifications.
10. Able to utilize tools effectively as well as provide training to A-tech level and below, as well as general training to the site.
11. Must be able to manage large drafting projects and lead other drafters within that project.
12. Check technical quality, accuracy, completeness, and compliance with site drafting standards, at A-tech level and below.
13. Assist Lead Drafter when required, for example; file management, scanning and archiving, releasing DCNs and customer service.
14. Must be proficient in Microsoft Office software, Adobe Acrobat, internet for use in searching for part specifications and possible vender blocks. Working knowledge of cloud computing.
15. Assist engineers by escorting work crews, and obtaining and checking field information.
16. Must be able to ensure that work is completed as necessary, according to design, and by work crews.
17. Flexible and well organized with a strong attention to detail.
18. Maintain commitment to customer service.
19. Is aware of and strictly complies with safety awareness program, policies and procedures.
20. Perform additional related duties as required.
1. Must have a two (2) years Associate Degree in any Drafting and design Technologies Program (Certifications and/or class in, Pro-E, Inventor, Revit, GIS is a plus).
2. Must meet all requirements of a Draftsperson B (Job code 4762) and have two (2) additional years of applicable experience for a total of seven (7) years of experience and/or training.
3. Must be able to pass Drafter A-Tech examination. Examination will be developed by Drafting Lead and Approved by Facilities Branch Manager.
4. Must be able to pass a physical examination as determined by the WSTF physical examination requirements for the job classification. Some lifting of 30 pounds may be required.
5. Climbing a ladder maybe required.
6. Must possess and maintain a valid driver's license (state).
7. Be able to meet the requirement for certification, if applicable, as specified in the White Sands Training Database (WSTD).
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity Employer and employment selection decisions are based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. Jacobs does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of: race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by country, regional, or local law.
Primary Location United States-New Mexico-Las Cruces
Req ID: AS0003JX