Jacobs Operational Sales Manager - London, UK in London, United Kingdom
With more than 77,000 people globally, our teams collaborate, innovate and create. Our people are proud to have been behind some of the greatest consultancy and engineering feats over the past 70 years. We foster a collaborative and inclusive environment for our people, and our partners, and we want you to be a part of our growing business.
The Rail and Geotechnical Business unit consists of over 875 people, with people located in virtually every office within the UK. The rail part of the business includes Network Rail, TfL and HS2 amongst its biggest clients, with the geotechnical business serving virtually every operating unit within BIAF as well as cross line of activities into the nuclear and mining sectors.
Take a leading role in the management and coordination of the operational sales activities for the Rail and Geotechnical operating unit.
Activities would include:
• Working with the Client Account Managers and Portfolio Leads (for Network Rail, TfL and other key clients) to develop and maintain the sales pipeline
• Manage and coordinate the bidding process and associated activities for the Operating Unit, including the production and management of a programme to help coordinate and prioritise resources and bid teams
• Management and supervision of client portals, acting as a super-user for other users
• Collation and management of common bid materials, including model answers, reference projects to help optimize our bid process
• Identify and share best practices from across Jacobs to enhance the quality of our proposals and the delivery of our projects
• Support the senior leadership team with communications and engagement related activities, which includes both an internal and external focus.
• Good understanding of the UK rail industry and consultancy projects
• Experience of working on sales activities, including medium and large
multidisciplinary bids for a consultancy
• Excellent networker and communicator.
• Commercially astute and with good organizational/project management skills
• Strong written and IT skillset
Job: *Project and Program Management
Title: Operational Sales Manager - London, UK
Location: GB GREATER LONDON-London
Requisition ID: 180003HQ
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Jacobs is a background screening, drug-free workplace.