Jacobs Principal Engineer – Rail Telecoms in London, United Kingdom
Our People & Places Solutions business – reinforces our drive to improve the lives of people everywhere and epitomizes the "why" of what we do – the tremendous positive impact and value our solutions bring to our communities and society as a whole. From facilities delivering life-saving therapies and ensuring clean water to enabling the connection of people through all modes of transportation and providing access to technology – we're integrating a multitude of these solution elements to build the smart environments of tomorrow.
Start your Jacobs career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed – today and into tomorrow.
Reporting to the Telecoms Head of Discipline, you will drive the delivery of Railway Telecom projects to meet our clients greatest challenges whilst ensuring technical excellence and delivery.
• Carry out the duties of Telecom Contractors Responsible Engineer (CRE) or Project Engineer (PE) as required.
• Ensure internal and contractor’s design/construction/specialists’ personnel have the correct competencies.
• Manage all Telecom engineering activities on allocated projects so that they result in schemes that are affordable and meet programme requirements in a safe and environmentally responsible manner for time, cost and quality.
• Manage the design and/or construction elements of allocated projects ensuring they meet the requirements of current legislation, including construction design management (CDM) and CSM-RA regulations.
• Provide advice in respect of all construction activities, including testing and commissioning and site supervision.
• Assist the Head of Discipline (HoD) in developing a culture of technical excellence by driving a right first-time approach.
• Monitor design and specialist consultants and contractors.
• Assist the HoD in the development & innovative solutions.
• Identify and help to share best practice across all project teams.
Here’s What You’ll Need:
• Degree/HNC or relevant experience;
• An understanding of the arrangements required for the independent assessment of work.
• CDM, CSM-RA, risk assessment, engineering management competency.
• Experience in people management
• A working knowledge of Network Rail and other client Standards
• Specific experience of project development for telecom schemes, NR approval processes and deliverables criteria for telecom schemes.
• Excellent knowledge of Operational Telecom systems (FTN, FTNx, GSM-R, Telephony, Optical and Copper cable design)
• Approved as a Network Rail Contractors Responsible Engineers (CRE) or previously worked as a Network Rail Project Engineer
• Knowledge of quality assurance
• An industry recognised specialist in your technical discipline
• A passion for innovation and technical excellence
• Interpersonal, communication and influencing skills
• Complex Problem solver
• Delivers Solutions
• Customer Focus
• Situational Adaptability
• Strategic Mindset
• A Global Mindset and demonstrated ability to work across cultures and remotely with our Global Integrated Delivery teams
We clear the way for inventive thinking so you have the support, means and space to deliver the boldest solutions for the extraordinary and every day. Jacobs. A world where you can.
We’re invested in you and your success. Our values stand on a foundation of safety, integrity, inclusion and diversity. We put people at the heart of our business and we truly believe that by supporting one another through our culture of caring, we all succeed. We value positive mental health and a sense of belonging for all employees.
We aim to make inclusion and diversity core attributes of our identity, embedded in all our employment and business practices in all locations. We know that if we are inclusive, we’re more connected, and if we are diverse, we’re more creative.
Jacobs partners with VERCIDA to help us attract and retain diverse talent. For greater online accessibility please visit www.vercida.co.uk to view and access our roles.
As a Disability Confident employer, we will interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for a vacancy. We welcome applications from candidates who are seeking flexible working and from those who may not meet all the listed requirements for a role.
If you have any queries regarding the application process, please contact the team here (https://www.jacobs.com/contact/careers2) .
Successful candidates will be asked to complete a Baseline Personnel Security Standard Pre-Employment check and will be required to undergo various checks including: Identity, Right to Work; Employment/Education History and Criminal Record. If you are unable to meet this and any associated criteria, then your employment may be delayed or rejected.
At Jacobs, we’re challenging today to reinvent tomorrow by solving the world’s most critical problems for thriving cities, resilient environments, mission-critical outcomes, operational advancement, scientific discovery and cutting-edge manufacturing, turning abstract ideas into realities that transform the world for good. With $13 billion in revenue and a talent force of more than 55,000, Jacobs provides a full spectrum of professional services including consulting, technical, scientific and project delivery for the government and private sector.