Jacobs RAM Engineer (Consultant/Senior/Principal) in London, United Kingdom
We are looking for RAM Engineers (Consultant/Senior/Principal grades) to join our UK team; base location is flexible, but ideally one of London, Bristol, Birmingham, Manchester, or Glasgow. This role provides a fantastic career opportunity, whilst developing your skills and experience under the guidance and mentorship of our industry-recognised senior team.
The Integrated Systems Assurance Team is a key part our People & Places Solutions business, working on some of the world’s most inspiring projects and programmes, both within the UK and internationally, assisting our clients with the delivery of their products, projects and programmes - safely, effectively and efficiently. The team is a highly motivated, inclusive, and diverse group, responsible for providing systems engineering, technical system safety, reliability, dependability, and risk management services to highly regulated industries, including rail, water, aviation, aerospace, government, energy and processing.
You will be able to work across a range of activities at various stages of the systems engineering lifecycle. You will thrive on doing something different every day and be comfortable with ambiguity. You will have a strong desire to learn new things. You will be a good communicator at all levels, able to understand and decompose complexity and present it in simple terms.
Typically, you will be involved in:
• Providing a range of consulting services to clients and be a trusted contributor to project requirements, leveraging your knowledge from a RAM Engineering perspective
• Undertaking BS EN 50126 RAM activities including RAM plans, Functional Analysis, Functional Block Diagrams, reliability/availability apportionment, predictions, and modelling, FMECAs, Fault Tree Analysis / Reliability Block Diagram, DRACAS and maintainability analyses
• Collaborate with team members to manage the minimisation of project risks and enhance the positive integration/delivery of the projects
• Principal Engineers will also provide RAM leadership and guidance to our clients across projects, mentorship to their teams, and be a focal point for technical expertise and guidance
Distributed nationally, supporting our clients globally, the Integrated System Assurance Team is a progressive and flexible team and offer the opportunity to work from home, business needs permitting. Travel may be required to project and client offices with occasional overnight stays or longer-term secondments. This may include opportunities for working overseas.
Here’s What You’ll Need:
• A degree, or equivalent qualification, in a relevant subject area
• Broad experience of RAM Engineering activities in a complex, safety focussed and regulated organisation with multiple complex interfaces. Ideally in rail (e.g. heavy, metro or light) or a similar regulated environment (e.g. aerospace or nuclear)
• Demonstrable experience of undertaking RAM activities including RAM plans, Functional Analysis, Functional Block Diagrams, reliability/availability apportionment, predictions and modelling, FMECAs, Fault Tree Analysis / Reliability Block Diagram, DRACAS and maintainability analyses
• Experience using reliability software tools such as Isograph Reliability Workbench
• Ability to work collaboratively with our clients and internal teams in the development of designs ensuring RAM compliance is achieved throughout the project life cycle by the identification of undesirable issues and influencing design solutions
Ideally, here’s what you’ll also have
• Corporate membership with an appropriate professional institution (e.g. SaRS, IET, IMechE)
• Professional qualified or working towards professional qualification (e.g. IEng/CEng)
• Knowledge of applying Safety Engineering in a regulated industry, preferably railways (e.g. Common Safety Method)
• Knowledge of Hazard Identification and Management Techniques (e.g. HAZIDs, HAZOPs, SWIFT, etc.)
• Knowledge of systems engineering, human factors, resilience engineering and/or asset management
At Jacobs, we'll inspire and empower you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed – today and into tomorrow. With more than 55,000 people in 40+ countries, working at Jacobs offers an exciting range of opportunities to develop your career within a supportive and diverse team who always strive to do the right thing for our people, clients and communities.
People are Jacobs’ greatest asset, and we offer a competitive package to retain and attract the best talent. In addition to the benefits you’d expect, UK employees also receive free single medical cover and digital GP service, family-friendly benefits such as enhanced parental leave pay and free membership of employee assistance and parental programmes, plus reimbursement towards relevant professional development and memberships. We also give back to our communities through our Collectively program which incorporates matched-funding, paid volunteering time and charitable donations.
Work-life balance and flexibility is a key focus area for Jacobs. We’re happy to discuss hybrid, part-time and flexible working hours, patterns and locations to suit you and our business.
Our values stand on a foundation of safety, integrity, inclusion and diversity. We put people at the heart of our business, and we truly believe that by supporting one another through our culture of caring, we all succeed. We value positive mental health and a sense of belonging for all employees. Find out more about life at Jacobs.
We aim to embed inclusion and diversity in everything we do. We know that if we are inclusive, we’re more connected, and if we are diverse, we’re more creative. We accept people for who they are, regardless of age, disability, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, mental health, race, faith or belief, sexual orientation, socioeconomic background, and whether you’re pregnant or on family leave. This is reflected in our wide range of Global Employee Networks centred on inclusion and diversity – ACE, Careers, Enlace, Harambee, OneWorld, Prism, Vetnet, and Women’s – find out more about our employee networks here.
Jacobs partners with VERCIDA to help us attract and retain diverse talent. For greater online accessibility please visit www.vercida.com to view and access our roles. As a Disability Confident employer, we will interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for a vacancy. We welcome applications from candidates who are seeking flexible working and from those who may not meet all the listed requirements for a role
If you require further support or reasonable adjustments with regards to the recruitment process (for example, you require the application form in a different format), please contact the team.
Your application experience is important to us and we’re keen to adapt to make every interaction even better. We welcome feedback on our recruitment process and if you need more from us before deciding to join Jacobs then please let us know.
#ukiama #stratcon #ourjacobs