Jacobs Regional Lead – Highways Detailed Design & Construction in London, United Kingdom
We are seeking to appoint a Regional Lead to support the Transportation Operating Unit in the Highways Detailed Design and Construction (DD&C) portfolio.
Working with, and reporting to the Portfolio Lead, you will be responsible for growing and successfully delivering our business through pre-existing commissions and new standalone projects. The portfolio will deliver design and build, employer design and site representative projects in UK, Ireland and internationally for clients including: Tier 1/2 Contractors; Welsh Government; National Highways; and international highway authorities as part of design JVs.
You will lead business development/ work winning, working closely with Highways Sales team to ensure that we are well positioned to target specific opportunities, and successfully win and deliver these. This will involve developing opportunity/project strategies and client relationships, but also efficient and effective ways of bidding and delivering our project work.
Opportunities to maximise growth and efficient delivery models on existing commissions also forms part of the role. You will undertake a senior governance role across a portfolio of projects to ensure the targets at bidding stage are met through the delivery phase.
You will work alongside other Regional Leads and be a key member of the DD&C Portfolio leadership team. The appointed individual will be encouraged and expected to contribute to the success of the wider portfolio, providing challenge and best practice, as well as innovative thinking to tackle our client’s toughest challenges.
Here’s What You’ll Need:
• Degree Qualified or equivalent
• Appreciation and experience of delivering transportation projects through post-statutory process phases through detailed design, construction phase and into operation and maintenance.
• Experience of delivering bids and projects to major transportation clients
• Proven work winning experience, particularly in developing and delivering successful bids
• Excellent communication skills to build strong relationships and networks with clients and Jacobs delivery teams
The successful candidate will be required to demonstrate the following:
• Strategic Mindset to develop and implement opportunity/framework mining plans
• Drives vision & purpose to ensure focus, maximise return on investment and efficient delivery
• Customer Focus to develop strong client relationships
• Significant Design and Build experience
• Strong project management and organisational skills to lead operational sales and delivery
• Commercial awareness appropriate to delivery of multidisciplinary design projects (including D&B Projects)
• Good people skills to develop and direct sales and delivery teams
• Situational Adaptability and resilience
• Cultivates Innovation
• A Global Mindset and demonstrated ability to work across cultures and remotely with our Global Integrated Delivery teams
Grow your career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, flourish, and succeed.
We clear the way for inventive thinking so you have the support, means and space to deliver the boldest solutions for the extraordinary and every day. Jacobs. A world where you can.
We’re invested in you and your success. Our values stand on a foundation of safety, integrity, inclusion and diversity. We put people at the heart of our business and we truly believe that by supporting one another through our culture of caring, we all succeed. We value positive mental health and a sense of belonging for all employees.
We aim to make inclusion and diversity core attributes of our identity, embedded in all our employment and business practices in all locations. We know that if we are inclusive, we’re more connected, and if we are diverse, we’re more creative.
Jacobs partners with VERCIDA to help us attract and retain diverse talent. For greater online accessibility please visit www.vercida.com to view and access our roles.
As a Disability Confident employer, we will interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for a vacancy. We welcome applications from candidates who are seeking flexible working and from those who may not meet all the listed requirements for a role.