Jacobs Smart Places Consultant in London, United Kingdom
Start your Jacobs career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed – today and into tomorrow.
Our People & Places Solutions business - reinforces our drive to improve the lives of people everywhere and epitomizes the "why" of what we do – the tremendous positive impact and value our solutions bring to our communities and society. From facilities delivering life-saving therapies and ensuring clean water to enabling the connection of people through all modes of transportation and providing access to technology – we're integrating a multitude of these solution elements to build the smart environments of tomorrow.
At Jacobs, we'll inspire and empower you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed – today and into tomorrow. With more than 55,000 people in 40 countries, working at Jacobs offers an exciting range of opportunities to develop your career within a supportive and diverse team who always strive to do the right thing for our people, clients and communities.
People are Jacobs’ greatest asset, and we offer a competitive package to retain and attract the best talent.
In addition to the benefits you’d expect, UK employees also receive free single medical cover and digital GP service, family-friendly benefits such as enhanced parental leave pay and free membership of employee assistance and parental programmes, plus reimbursement towards relevant professional development and memberships. We also give back to our communities through our Collectively program which incorporates matched-funding, paid volunteering time and charitable donations.
Work-life balance and flexibility is a key focus area for Jacobs. We’re happy to discuss hybrid, part-time and flexible working hours, patterns and locations to suit you and our business.
About the Opportunity
At Jacobs, we are dedicated to helping our clients create better places. We are a group of people excited to tackle complex challenges to deliver a positive impact on the world. We are looking for like-minded people to join our team.
Within Peoples & Places Solutions, we are focused on the integration of smart and digitally connected placemaking with innovation, urban design, sustainable infrastructure and inclusive economics to create better places. We are looking for a passionate and experienced Smart Places and Digital Infrastructure Consultant to join our team at the forefront of shaping innovative and digitally connected places that enhance communities and their economy and environment.
Your role will encompass three main pillars: project delivery, thought leadership and business development. You will have the opportunity work in and provide leadership to a dynamic team, fostering creativity, and driving transformative projects that combine technology, sustainability, and community engagement.
We are a multi-disciplinary team and work on a wide variety of projects from individual smart buildings to neighbourhood-scale developments and city-wide strategies in the UK, Europe and the Middle East. We collaborate with colleagues in many disciplines, from urban design to economics and from social value to infrastructures such as energy and transport. We work in many sectors from local and national government to retail and from aviation to leisure and entertainment. Our work is rooted in our clients’ values, and in Jacob’s values – challenging today and reinventing tomorrow to create a better world.
We are looking for a talented and motivated consultant to join our team and help us continue to lead the way in smart and digitally connected placemaking.
This role will initially be focused on supporting the Systems Engineering function on NEOM The Line as Deputy Director. This individual will support the Systems Engineering Director in overseeing the design, development, and implementation of the project's systems engineering structure, processes, and procedures.
Here’s what you’ll need :
· Experience of delivering strategies and projects for cities, regions, developments and communities to help them harness the potential of digital technologies
· Experience of working with national or local government bodies and/or with property and infrastructure companies, and of identifying and winning commercial opportunities
· Experience and knowledge of digital masterplanning, and a knowledge of the property market, including the relationship between government, planning frameworks and development and investment opportunities
· Expertise in both relevant technologies (such as 4G / 5G communications, IoT, big data / analytics etc.) and their business, social and economic impact
· Experience of developing business cases for technology deployment
· Experience working with planners, urban designers and other built environment design disciplines; and of coordinating work between them
· An ability to oversee the end-to-end lifecycle of smart placemaking projects, from concept development to execution and completion, esuring that projects are delivered within budget, on time, and in line with client expectations and quality standards
Professional skills and personal characteristics you’ll need:
· The capability to work on several projects at the same time, your activities and those of your team
· Excellent communication and interpersonal abilities, capable of building and maintaining professional relationships with clients and stakeholders
· A strategic mindset with the ability to identify opportunities for growth and development within the team and the industry
· The ability to develop and maintain relationships with key clients, nurturing long-term partnerships
· Up to date knowledge of industry trends, emerging technologies, and best practices in placemaking and urban development
Our values stand on a foundation of safety, integrity, inclusion and diversity. We put people at the heart of our business and we truly believe that by supporting one another through our culture of caring, we all succeed. We value positive mental health and a sense of belonging for all employees. Find out more about life at Jacobs. (https://careers.jacobs.com/life-at-jacobs/)
We aim to embed inclusion and diversity in everything we do. We know that if we are inclusive, we’re more connected, and if we are diverse, we’re more creative. We accept people for who they are, regardless of age, disability, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, mental health, race, faith or belief, sexual orientation, socioeconomic background, and whether you’re pregnant or on family leave. This is reflected in our wide range of Global Employee Networks centred on inclusion and diversity – ACE, Careers, Enlace, Harambee, OneWorld, Prism, Vetnet, and Women’s – find out more about our employee networks here. (https://www.jacobs.com/about/inclusion-and-diversity?_ga=2.1062705.1096535124.1626879887-1704311048.1575562676)
Jacobs partners with VERCIDA to help us attract and retain diverse talent. For greater online accessibility please visit www.vercida.com to view and access our roles. As a Disability Confident employer, we will interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for a vacancy. We welcome applications from candidates who are seeking flexible working and from those who may not meet all the listed requirements for a role
If you require further support or reasonable adjustments with regards to the recruitment process (for example, you require the application form in a different format), please contact the team (https://www.jacobs.com/contact/careers2) .
Your application experience is important to us and we’re keen to adapt to make every interaction even better. We welcome feedback on our recruitment process and if you need more from us before deciding to join Jacobs then please let us know. (https://www.jacobs.com/contact/careers2)
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), age, medical condition, marital or domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression and transgender status, mental disability or physical disability, genetic information, military or veteran status, citizenship, low-income status or any other status or characteristic protected by applicable law. Learn more about your rights under Federal EEO laws and supplemental language.