Jacobs Task Information Manager, Bridges & Structures in London, United Kingdom
Our People & Places Solutions business – reinforces our drive to improve the lives of people everywhere and epitomizes the "why" of what we do – the tremendous positive impact and value our solutions bring to our communities and society as a whole. From facilities delivering life-saving therapies and ensuring clean water to enabling the connection of people through all modes of transportation and providing access to technology – we're integrating a multitude of these solution elements to build the smart environments of tomorrow.
Start your Jacobs career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed – today and into tomorrow.
About the opportunity
To support Jacobs’ transition to a solutions provider, maintain our competitiveness, and deliver to our clients in a technology enabled way, we need to evolve how we deliver projects. To achieve that, it is essential that we embrace and drive change and use the power of people, technology, and data.
In Bridges & Structures we are driving the implementation of new technologies and lean, digital processes, to increase efficiency and add value for our clients. As a Task information Manager (TIM) you will fully understand client and project requirements and aspirations, and work closely with the project team and external stakeholders to ensure successful project delivery. The role could sit alongside a Technician or Engineer delivery role and the candidate would hold the TIM and delivery role on the same project, however the TIM could be full time and split across projects/programmes, also supporting the wider Bridges Delivery Transformation plan.
You will be forward thinking and a vocal advocate of new ways of working, implementing innovative solutions across projects and embedding those into the Bridges & Structures Solutions Group. A passion for communication and collaboration, coupled with strong interpersonal skills are key to the success of the role.
As TIM you will be responsible for:
• Fully understanding project requirements and processes, and working closely with the Bridges & Structures Project Lead, Project Information Manager, and project team to ensure compliance.
• Overseeing the production of models and drawings and ensuring high quality, consistent deliverables are delivered on time and on budget, to client, project and Jacobs standards.
• Having an excellent understanding of model creation, coordination and drawing production, including associated technologies such as Autodesk Revit.
• Focussing on driving delivery change, putting the customer first (internal or external), proactively identifying challenges, and leveraging data, automation, lean and standardisation to improve efficiency/productivity and project outcomes.
• Measuring, recording and reporting the value of new solutions based on evidence captured during a project.
• Providing input into setup of the Common Data Environment, the BIM Execution Plan, Task Information Delivery Plan, and other standards, methods and procedures.
• Participating in project coordination and clash resolution meetings, manage assigned actions, and ensure issues are resolved.
• Organising appropriate training and provide hands-on support for the Bridges & Structures project team.
• Working with our UK and Global Integrated Delivery teams to best use our resources and ensure efficient and successful delivery.
• Helping to create a culture of innovation and diverse thinking in the Bridges project team.
• Regularly communicating and collaborating with Bridges & Structures teams and the wider Transportation Operating Unit to ensure awareness, alignment, and consistent outcomes.
Here’s What You’ll Need:
• Experience in the engineering/construction industry.
• A degree or HND/HNC in a related subject.
• A clear understanding of the preparation of designs, models and drawings.
• Use of modelling and drawing software packages, such as Autodesk Revit and Civil 3D.
• Some knowledge of Building Information Modelling (BIM) technologies, processes, requirements and standards.
• Experience of checking/reviewing of deliverables produced by others.
• Experience of working with global teams.
Ideally, here’s what you’ll also have:
• Experience in the Transportation/Highways construction sector.
• Achieved or working towards a professional qualification e.g. ICE, IET, RIBA
• Experience of process improvement and lean methodologies.
• Use of tools such as InfraWorks, Dynamo, ProjectWise, BIM 360 and Power BI.
The following attributes are key to the success of the role:
• A strong, proactive communicator and collaborator.
• Open minded and a diverse, forward thinker.
• Identifies and challenges the status quo.
• Customer focussed – listen, understand problems and offer solutions.
• Strong ability to plan and make optimum use of time.
• Pragmatic, tenacious and resilient.
We clear the way for inventive thinking so you have the support, means and space to deliver the boldest solutions for the extraordinary and every day. Jacobs. A world where you can.
We clear the way for inventive thinking, so you have the support, means and space to deliver the boldest solutions for the extraordinary and every day. Jacobs. A world where you can.
We’re invested in you and your success. Our values stand on a foundation of safety, integrity, inclusion and diversity. We put people at the heart of our business and we truly believe that by supporting one another through our culture of caring, we all succeed. We value positive mental health and a sense of belonging for all employees.
We aim to make inclusion and diversity core attributes of our identity, embedded in all our employment and business practices in all locations. We know that if we are inclusive, we’re more connected, and if we are diverse, we’re more creative.
Jacobs partners with VERCIDA to help us attract and retain diverse talent. For greater online accessibility please visit www.vercida.co.uk to view and access our roles.
As a Disability Confident employer, we will interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for a vacancy. We welcome applications from candidates who are seeking flexible working and from those who may not meet all the listed requirements for a role.
If you have any queries regarding the application process, please contact the team here (https://www.jacobs.com/contact/careers2) .
Successful candidates will be asked to complete a Baseline Personnel Security Standard Pre-Employment check and will be required to undergo various checks including: Identity, Right to Work; Employment/Education History and Criminal Record. If you are unable to meet this and any associated criteria, then your employment may be delayed or rejected.
At Jacobs, we’re challenging today to reinvent tomorrow by solving the world’s most critical problems for thriving cities, resilient environments, mission-critical outcomes, operational advancement, scientific discovery and cutting-edge manufacturing, turning abstract ideas into realities that transform the world for good. With $13 billion in revenue and a talent force of more than 55,000, Jacobs provides a full spectrum of professional services including consulting, technical, scientific and project delivery for the government and private sector.