Jacobs Office Engineer in Los Angeles, California
Our People & Places Solutions business – reinforces our drive to improve the lives of people everywhere and epitomizes the "why" of what we do – the tremendous positive impact and value our solutions bring to our communities and society as a whole. From facilities delivering life-saving therapies and ensuring clean water to enabling the connection of people through all modes of transportation and providing access to technology – we're integrating a multitude of these solution elements to build the smart environments of tomorrow.
Start your Jacobs career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed – today and into tomorrow.
The Office Engineer II provides a broad spectrum of technical and administrative duties primarily associated with project drawings management and construction management support.
The Office Engineer II supports the Los Angeles World Airports (LAWA) Project Manager, Construction Manager (CM) and Resident Engineers (RE).
Essential Job Duties
• Assist the CM and project team in the receipt, distribution and maintenance of drawings. Perform
construction contract correspondence, document and plan control function, input data into Prolog,
and prepare management information status report, as required.
• Update and maintain sets of drawings, specifications and logs. Read and post the high volume of RFIs and Design Notices into the drawings.
• Maintain project files and document / drawing management systems (hard and electronic copies). Communicate with the designer and contractor to make the posted drawings more efficient and timely.
• Assist CM and/or RE with reviewing plans, preparing exhibits and presentations when needed.
• Assist in the Request for Information (RFI) process by helping the CM and/or RE with tracking and follow-up. Maintain RFI logs in the project information system.
• Assist the CM and/or RE with the submittal, design bulletin, and plan revision process. Receive record, review, transmit and track the resolution of the task. Maintain appropriate logs in Prolog, the project information system.
• Complete other responsibilities and assist as assigned to support the project such as: attend and document project meetings (write minutes), perform expediting functions, and prepare and maintain an expediting log; etc.
• Prepare periodic reports summarizing progress of construction activities for higher-level management and clients
• Perform other responsibilities associated with this position as may be appropriate
• Track NNCs/JMs along with associated contractor responses to assist the CM or RE in finding resolution to issues.
• Assist the CM and RE in writing Change/Field Directives , along with preparing exhibits, for input into Prolog. Track such Change Directives as they are executed, negotiated, and processed through the
Change Order Process.
• Participate in phasing meeting, taking notes, and preparing work plans.
Here’s What You’ll Need:
• Experience with Microsoft Office Suite software - Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
• Knowledge of Prolog and other Project Management Systems is preferred
• Proficiency in Bluebeam or other PDF programs
• Auto Cad experience is preferred
• Proficiency in use of various teleconferencing platforms – WebEx, Zoom, Microsoft Teams, etc.
Professional Experience Level/Other Qualifications
• Five to ten years of engineering experience with three to five years directly supporting an active
construction project, preferably terminal related construction and/or renovation
• Demonstrated ability to understand technical and complicated construction program and the ability to communicate progress to both technical- and management-level personnel
• Ability to read and understand drawings to the extent of determining if packages are complete and ready for review
• Ability to work with others, a self-starter with results-driven focus
• Must possess the ability to effectively interact with various departments to maintain open lines of communication
• Capability to assume additional responsibilities
• Proven accuracy, reliability and completeness in job accomplishment
• Demonstrated success on the job, as evidenced by satisfactory performance, acceptance of
responsibility and growth in previous position
• Effective oral and written communication skills, with an ability to communicate complex issues to a non-technical audience
• Preferred civil flat work experience – Airports, Consolidated Rental Car Facilities (ConRACs), utility and roadway construction.
• Experience working with outside agencies i.e. General Services division, LADBS, LADWP, etc.
• Bachelor’s degree, Master’s degree preferred
• BS/BA in related field (Construction Management, Civil Engineering, Architectural Engineering, etc.)
• State of California Professional Engineer's license is desirable.
• May assume other duties as required/needed
• Maybe required to work past regular work shift
• Maybe required to work various shifts as needed
• Aviation experience preferred
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), age, medical condition, marital or domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression and transgender status, mental disability or physical disability, genetic information, military or veteran status, citizenship, low-income status or any other status or characteristic protected by applicable law. Learn more about your rights under Federal EEO laws (https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf) and supplemental language. (https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/eeoc_gina_supplement.pdf)
At Jacobs, we’re challenging today to reinvent tomorrow by solving the world’s most critical problems for thriving cities, resilient environments, mission-critical outcomes, operational advancement, scientific discovery and cutting-edge manufacturing, turning abstract ideas into realities that transform the world for good. With $13 billion in revenue and a talent force of more than 55,000, Jacobs provides a full spectrum of professional services including consulting, technical, scientific and project delivery for the government and private sector.