Jacobs Agile Delivery Lead - Digital in Manchester, United Kingdom
At Jacobs, we'll inspire and empower you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed – today and into tomorrow. With more than 55,000 people in 40+ countries, working at Jacobs offers an exciting range of opportunities to develop your career within a supportive and diverse team who always strive to do the right thing for our people, clients and communities.
People are Jacobs’ greatest asset, and we offer a competitive package to retain and attract the best talent.
In addition to the benefits you’d expect, UK employees also receive free single medical cover and digital GP service, family-friendly benefits such as enhanced parental leave pay and free membership of employee assistance and parental programmes, plus reimbursement towards relevant professional development and memberships. We also give back to our communities through our Collectively program which incorporates matched-funding, paid volunteering time and charitable donations.
Work-life balance and flexibility is a key focus area for Jacobs. We’re happy to discuss hybrid, part-time and flexible working hours, patterns and locations to suit you and our business.
About the Opportunity
This role sits within Jacob’s Digital. Jacobs Digital is a central team within Jacobs driving digital across the company. Digital for us is not just about technology. Digital is client led. A transformation of how and what we provide to our clients. Creating a smarter, more connected and customer centric value proposition.
Jacobs Digital is a team of developers, incubation, product and technology solution experts who are driving digital change across Jacobs and our clients. We’re customer and user focused, where digital starts with culture and new ways of working, driving new business models, whilst incorporating technology and data into all our services and solutions.
We are looking for a leader in Agile Delivery to help us build Jacobs next generation Products/Applications. We are seeking people with a strong Agile delivery background, understanding of delivery management and Agile (inc Scrum). You will have a strong technical understanding of product, application, infrastructure and DevOps, across a range of agile delivery frameworks.
In this role you will lead the growth and development of our still young Agile Delivery Chapter. You will oversee and guide teams within a wider programme of work. Your responsibilities include ensuring that product and development teams follow Agile values and practices, mentoring and motivating us to improve processes, define KPIs and continually coach to a higher Agile maturity level to enable reliable delivery of sprint goals. You and your team will facilitating Agile ceremonies, meetings and decision-making processes, and eliminating impediments, alongside ensuring delivery excellence at scale. You will be an evangelist for agile, excited to join the journey we are on.
To be successful in this role, you should have a firm grasp of Agile practices and have experience leading development teams using Scrum, Kanban and SAFe. You will also be able to collaborate to manage dependencies and communicate effectively with stakeholders.
Responsibilities and Skills
• Lead the growth of our Agile Delivery Chapter; investing in building and coaching best practices at a portfolio level across multiple products
• Ensure the machine works smoothly; from financial planning, to governance, change, and how we deliver; you and your team will drive successful delivery across our products
• Measure and improve the quality of delivery across our product development teams
Here’s What You’ll Need:
• Solid experience in an Agile Delivery role, either as Scrum Master/Team Coach or Delivery Manager role
• Experience and leadership in thinking bigger than a single product or team, but in how we drive consistent excellence at a wider scale
• In-depth knowledge and experience implementing one (or more) Agile methodologies (such as SAFe, Scrum or Kanban), with experience from inception to outcomes
• Comfort with technical (software and data led) products
• Good skills and knowledge of servant leadership, facilitation, situational awareness, conflict resolution, continual improvement, empowerment, and increasing transparency
• Demonstrable experience coaching teams and improving the way they work, implementing best practices and improvements by retrospection
• Increasing transparency of teams work and sharing team successes, best practices, risks, issues and ensuring items are timeboxed as appropriate
• Working with metrics to identify improvements at the team and organisation level
• Work with the Product Managers to drive effective KPIs
• Highly effective relationship management skills, with the ability to find ways of resolving blockers and impediments
• Hunger to learn, self-motivation and ability to stay focused in fast paced environment. Be prepared to get involved.
• Be a mentor. Keen sense of developing, building and mentoring people through difficult situations and contexts
• Agile certifications are advantageous, particularly in Scrum, Disciplined Agile Delivery, KanBan, Lead Systems Development and XP
• Knowledge of the engineering sector is a bonus, but by no means essential; you’ll be a Digital and Agile evangelist first and foremost
We want you to have unlimited learning opportunities and space for growth in order for you to work towards the next stage of your career.
Our values stand on a foundation of safety, integrity, inclusion and diversity. We put people at the heart of our business and we truly believe that by supporting one another through our culture of caring, we all succeed. We value positive mental health and a sense of belonging for all employees. Find out more about life at Jacobs.
We aim to embed inclusion and diversity in everything we do. We know that if we are inclusive, we’re more connected, and if we are diverse, we’re more creative. We accept people for who they are, regardless of age, disability, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, mental health, race, faith or belief, sexual orientation, socioeconomic background, and whether you’re pregnant or on family leave. This is reflected in our wide range of Global Employee Networks centred on inclusion and diversity – ACE, Careers, Enlace, Harambee, OneWorld, Prism, Vetnet, and Women’s – find out more about our employee networks here.
Jacobs partners with VERCIDA to help us attract and retain diverse talent. For greater online accessibility please visit www.vercida.com to view and access our roles. As a Disability Confident employer, we will interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for a vacancy. We welcome applications from candidates who are seeking flexible working and from those who may not meet all the listed requirements for a role
If you require further support or reasonable adjustments with regards to the recruitment process (for example, you require the application form in a different format), please contact the team.
Your application experience is important to us and we’re keen to adapt to make every interaction even better. We welcome feedback on our recruitment process and if you need more from us before deciding to join Jacobs then please let us know.