Jacobs Product Safety Engineer in Manchester, United Kingdom
At Jacobs, we'll inspire and empower you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed – today and into tomorrow. With more than 55,000 people in 40+ countries, working at Jacobs offers an exciting range of opportunities to develop your career within a supportive and diverse team who always strive to do the right thing for our people, clients and communities.People are Jacobs’ greatest asset, and we offer a competitive package to retain and attract the best talent.
In addition to the benefits you’d expect, UK employees also receive free single medical cover and digital GP service, family-friendly benefits such as enhanced parental leave pay and free membership of employee assistance and parental programmes, plus reimbursement towards relevant professional development and memberships. We also give back to our communities through our Collectively program which incorporates matched-funding, paid volunteering time and charitable donations.
Work-life balance and flexibility is a key focus area for Jacobs. We’re happy to discuss hybrid, part-time and flexible working hours, patterns and locations to suit you and our business
About the Opportunity
This a rare opportunity for a Product Safety Engineer to work with a blue chip client in the Air Domain, working to support their fleet of in-service systems to customers worldwide, with potential to be involved in the next generation air systems design and development.
Evaluation of aircraft and system / sub-system design safety in support of platform safety certification throughout the Engineering Lifecycle
• Generating, updating and reviewing Aircraft, System and Sub-System System Safety Engineering tasks such as
• Decomposition of safety requirements at all relevant product levels (Weapon Platform, System, Sub-System, Equipment)
• Zonal Hazard Analysis Reports (ZHAs)
• Preliminary Hazard List (PHL)
• Preliminary Hazard Analysis (PHA)
• System / Sub-System Hazard Analysis
The Key Responsibility Areas;
Support the Lines of Business and/or the Airworthiness and Product Integrity Centre of Expertise in the delivery of the product integrity activities in a professional and timely manner, challenging inefficiencies and inconsistencies in the operation.
• Support the Product Integrity Discipline to develop and expand their expertise and influence through supporting internal community of practices and external engagements as appropriate.
• Problem solving of Product Integrity issues identified in a timely and professional manner, engaging with Engineering teams and subject matter experts as appropriate. These will generally involve collaborating across a virtual team influencing individuals to deliver.
• Ensure personal development and opportunities are maximized and collaborate with the wider Engineering teams to promote the Product Integrity identity.
The typical knowledge, skills and qualification required for this role include:
• Engineering Lifecycle, especially those associated with the common engineering processes
• Engineering qualifications in line with Grade F particularly those identified within the Engineering Generic Core Learning Programme (EGCLP)
Here’s What You’ll Need:
• A bachelors degree in a relevant discipline and relevant experience in the industry
Our values stand on a foundation of safety, integrity, inclusion and diversity. We put people at the heart of our business and we truly believe that by supporting one another through our culture of caring, we all succeed. We value positive mental health and a sense of belonging for all employees. Find out more about life at Jacobs. (https://careers.jacobs.com/life-at-jacobs/)
We aim to embed inclusion and diversity in everything we do. We know that if we are inclusive, we’re more connected, and if we are diverse, we’re more creative. We accept people for who they are, regardless of age, disability, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, mental health, race, faith or belief, sexual orientation, socioeconomic background, and whether you’re pregnant or on family leave. This is reflected in our wide range of Global Employee Networks centred on inclusion and diversity – ACE, Careers, Enlace, Harambee, OneWorld, Prism, Vetnet, and Women’s – find out more about our employee networks here. (https://www.jacobs.com/about/inclusion-and-diversity?_ga=2.1062705.1096535124.1626879887-1704311048.1575562676)
Jacobs partners with VERCIDA to help us attract and retain diverse talent. For greater online accessibility please visit www.vercida.com to view and access our roles. As a Disability Confident employer, we will interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for a vacancy. We welcome applications from candidates who are seeking flexible working and from those who may not meet all the listed requirements for a role
If you require further support or reasonable adjustments with regards to the recruitment process (for example, you require the application form in a different format), please contact the team (https://www.jacobs.com/contact/careers2) .