Jacobs Senior Drainage Engineer, Transportation in Manchester, United Kingdom
Our People & Places Solutions business – reinforces our drive to improve the lives of people everywhere and epitomizes the "why" of what we do – the tremendous positive impact and value our solutions bring to our communities and society as a whole. From facilities delivering life-saving therapies and ensuring clean water to enabling the connection of people through all modes of transportation and providing access to technology – we're integrating a multitude of these solution elements to build the smart environments of tomorrow.
Start your Jacobs career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed – today and into tomorrow.
Thriving communities. Healthy cities. A brighter future. What we do is more than building roads and rail, we work every day to make the world better for everyone. If you want to join a company invested in you, your success and the global community, start your career with Jacobs.
You’ll join a team that has an enviable reputation in the UK Transportation consultancy sector as a result of a portfolio of high-profile projects with clients that include the Highways England (HE), Transport Scotland, Network Rail, Welsh Government, National Contractors, HS2 Ltd and numerous Local Authorities. Our plans to add to this portfolio continue at pace regionally and nationally.
With UK centres growing in Leeds, Manchester and London, we can be flexible with regards to location and encourage applications from candidates looking for flexible working or reduced hours’ contracts.
We are looking to recruit a confident candidate with extensive knowledge in drainage with particular experience in highway or rail drainage design. The candidate would be expected to have experience of MicroDrainage or other equivalent software, and have an understanding of DMRB or UK rail Standards and experience of SuDS Manual and know of Lead Local Flood Authorities.
You will become a member of a local drainage team supporting with development of others, taking a technical supporting role in delivering transportation drainage design services throughout all stages of project development.
• You will be responsible for providing deliverables and solutions to drainage elements on schemes and problems;
• You will be responsible for the development and checking of feasibility studies, technical reports, detailed designs and production of contract documents across a variety of projects;
• Producing and Checking scheme deliverables and supporting information;
• Meeting and liaising with clients, stakeholders and other disciplines;
• Working with other Jacobs offices in a multi office delivery environment
• Help seek innovative solutions in achieving best value in delivering our services;
#UKDrainage #UKCivils #UKTransportation #UKHighways
Here’s What You’ll Need:
• A degree in Civil Engineering;
• Nearing completion of IEng and MICE status or equivalent;
• Working knowledge of H&S legislation
• Experience in MicroDrainage modelling system or equivalent hydraulic design tools;
• Knowledge of the scheme stages from Feasibility through to detailed design for drainage and transportation projects:
• Confident with proven interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to produce accurate and well written reports;
• Experience delivering to DMRB and/or UK rail standards, SuDS Manual and other standards and areas not covered by standards in related to area of expertise;
• Capable of managing a challenging workload subject to change at short notice
• Ability to work independently and effectively within a global multi-disciplinary team.
Ideally, here’s what you’ll also have:
• C3D Cad proficient;
• Good working knowledge of different contract types and procurement options;
• Experience of Building Information Modelling (BIM).
• Experience of undertaking client facing roles and an ability to attract new clients into the business.
Grow your career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, flourish, and succeed.
We clear the way for inventive thinking so you have the support, means and space to deliver the boldest solutions for the extraordinary and every day. Jacobs. A world where you can.
We clear the way for inventive thinking, so you have the support, means and space to deliver the boldest solutions for the extraordinary and every day. Jacobs. A world where you can.
We’re invested in you and your success. Our values stand on a foundation of safety, integrity, inclusion and diversity. We put people at the heart of our business and we truly believe that by supporting one another through our culture of caring, we all succeed. We value positive mental health and a sense of belonging for all employees.
We aim to make inclusion and diversity core attributes of our identity, embedded in all our employment and business practices in all locations. We know that if we are inclusive, we’re more connected, and if we are diverse, we’re more creative.
Jacobs partners with VERCIDA to help us attract and retain diverse talent. For greater online accessibility please visit www.vercida.com to view and access our roles.
As a Disability Confident employer, we will interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for a vacancy. We welcome applications from candidates who are seeking flexible working and from those who may not meet all the listed requirements for a role.
At Jacobs, we’re challenging today to reinvent tomorrow by solving the world’s most critical problems for thriving cities, resilient environments, mission-critical outcomes, operational advancement, scientific discovery and cutting-edge manufacturing, turning abstract ideas into realities that transform the world for good. With $13 billion in revenue and a talent force of more than 55,000, Jacobs provides a full spectrum of professional services including consulting, technical, scientific and project delivery for the government and private sector.