Jacobs Senior Stakeholder Engagement and Communications Professional in Manchester, United Kingdom
Jacobs is a global leader in providing world-class, life enhancing engineering solutions for people and communities across the globe. We don’t believe in just doing, we believe in delivering the best communication and engagement solutions based on set objectives and shared goals.
We’re challenging today to reinvent tomorrow by solving the world’s most critical problems for thriving cities, resilient environments, mission-critical outcomes, operational advancement, scientific discovery, and cutting-edge manufacturing, turning abstract ideas into realities that transform the world for good. With $13 billion in revenue and a talent force of more than 55,000, Jacobs provides a full spectrum of professional services including consulting, technical, scientific and project delivery for the government and private sector.
At the heart of our business are our people and following a sustained period of growth in UK and Ireland, we are looking for passionate mid-level professionals to join our Stakeholder Engagement Communications Team (Glasgow). This team is responsible for every aspect of the project journey including brand management, event management, client relationship, stakeholder and public affairs management and developing cohesive communication plans that are on message, are measurable, fair and provide cut through.
We want to hear from people who have an interest in and deep understanding of stakeholder relations, who are strategic in their thinking, creative in their approach and have a keen eye for detail. People who love communications and engaging with people and who understand its importance. Can you listen to varying opinions respectively while possessing the confidence to work towards a common set of goals.
The successful candidates will join a respected and ambitious company with excellent career prospects both locally and internationally. You will work as part of a diverse and highly skilled team of over 75 UK stakeholder engagement and communications professionals working alongside planners, designers, technologists and engineers, providing communications and engagement support and advice to a wide range of clients.
The main purpose of the roles is to support the delivery of comprehensive and innovative communications, public consultation and stakeholder engagement across a range of national infrastructure projects. There will be opportunities to experience different roles aimed at developing your career.
We are advertising for Senior Stakeholder Engagement and Communications Professional (around 2-6 years’ experience) grades with salaries being commensurate with the level of experience. Jacobs offers an excellent range of benefits including but not limited to a pension, training, and flexible working.
The roles will include the following.
• Supporting the Stakeholder Engagement & Communications team by proactively engaging with community groups, businesses, and other stakeholders
• Stakeholder identification and management - development of stakeholder profiles and the need for analysis, ownership of stakeholder relationships, identification of reputational risk, and creation of mitigation strategies
• Engagement and consultation including PR and media and social media
• Supporting the development of high-quality editorial copy, press releases, reports, and publications
• Stakeholder strategy - development, management, and evaluation of strategies to embed stakeholder relationships across teams
• Helping to deliver the public consultation process, representing projects at information days, and assisting with submissions analysis and report writing
Planning and delivery of events – safety and wellbeing planning, logistics and development of materials
Here’s What You’ll Need:
Here’s what you’ll need:
• Proven communication skills; both verbal and written
• Experience of delivering stakeholder and public consultations
• Ability to analysis data and information
• Some Experience of infrastructure projects
• Flexibility to travel to meet project demands
• A degree or equivalent qualification or experience in communications, journalism, public relations, or similar discipline. A degree in technical disciplines that align with the business such as Engineering, Planning, Environmental Science or similar, will also be considered
• Outstanding written and verbal skills with good attention to detail
• An understanding of the political system in Scotland
• Excellent organisational and time management skills
• The ability to work well as part of a team
• The willingness to embrace and grasp complex subjects quickly
• Fully comfortable dealing with people, enjoy public interaction and be a good listener
Ideally, here’s what you’ll also have:
• Relevant work experience in a communications or engagement role
• Interest in delivering communications programmes for large-scale infrastructure projects
• Strong organisational and Office 365 Suite skills
Our values stand on a foundation of safety, integrity, inclusion and diversity. We put people at the heart of our business and we truly believe that by supporting one another through our culture of caring, we all succeed. We value positive mental health and a sense of belonging for all employees. Find out more about life at Jacobs. (https://careers.jacobs.com/life-at-jacobs/)
We aim to embed inclusion and diversity in everything we do. We know that if we are inclusive, we’re more connected, and if we are diverse, we’re more creative. We accept people for who they are, regardless of age, disability, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, mental health, race, faith or belief, sexual orientation, socioeconomic background, and whether you’re pregnant or on family leave. This is reflected in our wide range of Global Employee Networks centred on inclusion and diversity – ACE, Careers, Enlace, Harambee, OneWorld, Prism, Vetnet, and Women’s – find out more about our employee networks here. (https://www.jacobs.com/about/inclusion-and-diversity?_ga=2.1062705.1096535124.1626879887-1704311048.1575562676)
Jacobs partners with VERCIDA to help us attract and retain diverse talent. For greater online accessibility please visit www.vercida.com to view and access our roles. As a Disability Confident employer, we will interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for a vacancy. We welcome applications from candidates who are seeking flexible working and from those who may not meet all the listed requirements for a role
If you require further support or reasonable adjustments with regards to the recruitment process (for example, you require the application form in a different format), please contact the team (https://www.jacobs.com/contact/careers2) .
Your application experience is important to us and we’re keen to adapt to make every interaction even better. We welcome feedback on our recruitment process and if you need more from us before deciding to join Jacobs then please let us know. (https://www.jacobs.com/contact/careers2)