Jacobs Data Scientist- POLY Required in Mclean, Virginia
Challenging Today. Reinventing Tomorrow.
We're invested in you and your success. Everything we do is more than just a project. It's our challenge as human beings, too. That's why we bring a thoughtful and collaborative approach to every one of our partnerships.
At Jacobs, we challenge the status quo and redefine how to solve the world's greatest challenges, transforming big ideas into intelligent solutions for a more connected, sustainable world.
Design your career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed – today and into tomorrow
We are looking for a Data Scientist with an entrepreneur’s mindset to support a fast-paced and growing data science team working on projects critical to National Security.
Duties/Tasks and Responsibilities:
The Data Scientist will be expected to build statistical models, test hypotheses, interpret, summarize, visualize, and succinctly report on data findings. The Data Scientist will perform research on various data sources, to include unstructured data using quantitative and qualitative content analytics. The Scientist will construct and perform complex database search queries in multiple databases using SQL and API interfaces. The Scientist will perform web scraping and apply various techniques for processing unstructured data. The Scientist will leverage automation and machine learning to manage data, predict scenarios and make recommendations. The Data Scientist will contribute to building new analytical tools and packages across the enterprise and will be expected to collaborate with team members in a highly technical environment. The Data Scientist will be expected to learn and leverage emerging technologies including AWS and Git.
Here’s What You’ll Need:
• Bachelor’s degree in a highly quantitative subject or related field (for example, statistics, mathematics, economics, or related field)
• TS/SCI clearance with polygraph required
• Strong experience working with Python or R programming languages
• Experience working with data manipulation, analytic/business insight tools, and data visualization experience
• Experience with SciPy stack or Tidyverse packages
• Experience constructing and performing complex database search queries
• Experience/ knowledge of computer science concepts, data architecture, and experience/knowledge of statistics
• Demonstrated experience using statistical and machine learning techniques including supervised and unsupervised learning and natural language processing
• Experience /familiarity with frequentist statistics and probability including predicative modeling
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), age, medical condition, marital or domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression and transgender status, mental disability or physical disability, genetic information, military or veteran status, citizenship, low-income status or any other status or characteristic protected by applicable law. Learn more about your rights under Federal EEO laws (https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf) and supplemental language (https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/eeoc_gina_supplement.pdf) .