Jacobs One Queue Associate in Mclean, Virginia
Challenging Today. Reinventing Tomorrow.
We're invested in you and your success. Everything we do is more than just a project. It's our challenge as human beings, too. That's why we bring a thoughtful and collaborative approach to every one of our partnerships.
At Jacobs, we challenge the status quo and redefine how to solve the world's greatest challenges, transforming big ideas into intelligent solutions for a more connected, sustainable world.
Design your career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed – today and into tomorrow
Responsible for the triage for requirements identifying the appropriate service provider and being the first line of interaction with the customer.
Duties/Tasks and Responsibilities:
• Assist PMO in assessing, documenting, and tracking new program requirements and follow-on technical exchange meetings (TEMs).
• Support the PM in resource leveling planning and analysis.
• Plan and coordinate program management process activities such as Program Reviews and Control Gate Reviews including scheduling of meetings and preparation of briefings/presentations.
• Coordinate project schedules, including participation in meetings; documentation and distribution of minutes and action items; and tracing action items for successful completion.
• Assist in the preparation of management plans and reports.
• Support tasks requiring the collecting, compiling, evaluating and publishing of information and statistical data in documents, records, forms, reports, plans, policies, and regulations.
• Maintain correspondence suspense files, records, files for reports, operating procedures, internal memorandums, and composes correspondence.
• Provide support such as technical writing, technical editing of word processing and other computer based documents, integration of various sources into a cohesive product which may be delivered as computer based magnetic media, preparation of graphical and narrative presentation material.
• Compose technical documents including user’s manuals, training materials, installation guides, proposals, and reports.
• Edit functional descriptions, system specifications, user’s manuals, special reports, or any other customer deliverables and documents.
• Conduct research and ensure the use of proper technical terminology.
• Facilitate meetings and information sessions.
• Provide documentation, requirements, and information updates.
• The employee can make independent decisions that deal with the daily schedule and work to be accomplished. Issues requiring monetary approval have to go up the reporting chain. The prioritization of projects and the daily schedule of the One Queue team is determined by the lead. Only urgent or high profile projects may be directed down to the One Queue team.
• The employee is not involved with personnel or compensation decisions.
• Outside of the project framework the employee does not have approving authority for major monetary decisions.
Here’s What You’ll Need:
• Must be able to interface with individuals at all levels of the organization both verbally and in writing
• Proficiency in the use of MS Office product suite (PowerPoint, Excel, Word, SharePoint)
• Must pay attention to detail, provide good customer service and remain alert at all times.
• Willingness to update knowledge and skills to keep up with rapid advancements in computer technology.
High School Diploma or Equivalent
Minimum Years of Experience:
3 – 5 years progressive and relevant experience
Work is primarily performed in an office environment. Typically employees sit comfortably to do their work, interspersed by brief periods of standing, walking, bending, carrying papers and books, and extensive periods requiring the use of computer terminals to accomplish work objectives.
General Office environment. The work environment is fast-paced and sometimes involves extreme deadline pressures. The nature of the work requires a high degree of teamwork and cooperation with other members of the staff as well as individuals across the Company and Customers.
Equipment & Machines:
General office equipment including PC/laptop, Fax, Copiers, Shredder, Printers, Telephone, and other miscellaneous office equipment.
Attendance is critical at all times. Must be able to work a 40-hour workweek, normally Monday through Friday. However, times and days may vary depending on business requirements. Needs to be available to work overtime during critical peaks and be available to meet last minute requests for overtime should the situation occur.
Customer and Personal Service:
Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
Other Essential Functions:
An Information Technology Generalist proficient in many facets of information technology requirements. The candidate should possess general business knowledge and soft-skills allowing them to be adaptable in a wide array of work environments. The candidate should have the willingness to participate in these type of activities when called upon to do so.
Must be able to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
Grooming and dress must be appropriate for the position and must not impose a safety risk/hazard to the employee or others. Must put forward a professional behavior that enhances productivity and promotes teamwork and cooperation.
Must be able to interface with individuals at all levels of the organization both verbally and in writing. Must be well-organized with the ability to coordinate and prioritize multiple tasks simultaneously. Must work well under pressure to meet deadline requirements. Must be willing to travel as needed. Must take and pass a drug test and background check as well as a motor vehicle records check. Must be a US citizen.
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Jacobs is a background screening, drug-free workplace.