Jacobs Geotechnical Design Engineer – Remote (West/MidWest) in Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Our People & Places Solutions business – reinforces our drive to improve the lives of people everywhere and epitomizes the "why" of what we do – the tremendous positive impact and value our solutions bring to our communities and society as a whole. From facilities delivering life-saving therapies and ensuring clean water to enabling the connection of people through all modes of transportation and providing access to technology – we're integrating a multitude of these solution elements to build the smart environments of tomorrow.
Start your Jacobs career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed – today and into tomorrow.
This is a REMOTE position. The ideal candidate will be located in the West or Midwest
When it comes to environmental consulting, we’re focused on cleaning up our communities today to improve tomorrow. We’re looking for a mid-level Engineer to design geotechnical aspects of environmental remedial actions for complex sites for government and private-sector clients.
You’ll have the opportunity to work on exciting projects nationwide, participating in a variety of office and field tasks related to planning, evaluating, designing, and implementing the geotechnical aspects of environmental remedies. You’ll apply your technical experience with the support of our global geotechnical technology team. Your analytical skills will be called upon as you evaluate site conditions, determine geotechnical design data needs, assess remedial alternatives, perform engineering calculations, and develop designs. You’ll use your technical writing skills to prepare work plans, reports, and design documents, including design specifications. You’ll learn from other experienced staff who are ready to mentor you, and you’ll pass your knowledge on to others. You’ll be juggling multiple tasks, so we’ll rely on you to prioritize effectively, keeping the big-picture in mind. You may spend up to 25% of your time in the field supporting or overseeing the gathering of geotechnical and other design data. Safety will be your priority, as you contribute to “incident free” operations and maintain the highest standards of Health & Safety in everything you do.
At Jacobs, we’re partnering across the globe to create the best project outcomes by maximizing the design, digital technology, and support capabilities of our Global Integrated Delivery (GID) teammates. By joining Jacobs, you’ll commit to supporting and engaging with these teams, as we work to build a company like no other.
Continue your environmental career at Jacobs - where we’ll empower you to learn and grow as you deliver environmental projects that make our world better.
Here’s What You’ll Need:
• Bachelor's degree in Geotechnical Engineering or other closely related engineering field
• Professional Engineer (PE) license
• Minimum of 6 years of professional on-the-job experience related to geotechnical design
• Demonstrated knowledge of geotechnical and design concepts
• Knowledge and experience with geotechnical aspects of remedial actions
• Strong writing and communication skills
• 40-hr HAZWOPER certification or the ability to attain this certification
• Location within the United States
Ideally, You’ll Also Have:
• Master’s degree in Geotechnical Engineering or other closely related engineering field
• Knowledge of and experience with applying state and federal environmental regulations, including the United States Environmental Protection Agency Superfund program
• Professional on-the-job experience related to planning, design, and construction of environmental remedial actions
• Professional on-the-job experience related to performing and leading environmental field work for remediation projects, and an understanding of methodology and procedures
• Experience working on active project sites and overseeing subcontractors or third party construction contractors
• Strong attention to detail when conducting remedial work and evaluating geotechnical data
• Strong organizational skills and ability to document design decisions and action items
• Ability to follow up on tasks and take ownership of projects
• Ability to communicate concisely and proactively with coworkers, contractors, and clients
• Ability to work remotely with teams located nationwide in geographically diverse locations
Additional information: Estimated travel requirement is approximately 25%, generally related to fieldwork and oversight.
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), age, medical condition, marital or domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression and transgender status, mental disability or physical disability, genetic information, military or veteran status, citizenship, low-income status or any other status or characteristic protected by applicable law. Learn more about your rights under Federal EEO laws (https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf) and supplemental language (https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/eeoc_gina_supplement.pdf) .
At Jacobs, we’re challenging today to reinvent tomorrow by solving the world’s most critical problems for thriving cities, resilient environments, mission-critical outcomes, operational advancement, scientific discovery and cutting-edge manufacturing, turning abstract ideas into realities that transform the world for good. With $13 billion in revenue and a talent force of more than 55,000, Jacobs provides a full spectrum of professional services including consulting, technical, scientific and project delivery for the government and private sector.