Jacobs Mechanical Engineer in Moffett Field, California
A. FUNCTION OF POSITION
Provides engineering support for planning, designing, technical oversight, and manufacturing of mechanical hardware, electrical support systems, and instrumentation at NASA Ames Research Center.
B. DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES - ENGINEERING SUPPORT
1. Develops plans, requirements and drawings for implementing repairs, upgrades and modifications of the facility equipment, infrastructure, instrumentation, and control systems.
2. Provides technical expertise to the users of the facilities in planning test projects to insure proper match of facility requirements with capabilities, balance of resources, and integration of schedules.
3. Provides technical expertise and guidance in overall planning, maintenance, and operation of assigned facilities.
4. Works with test engineers, facility management and customers to develop fixtures, holders, brackets, mechanisms and other designs to accommodate new testing requirements.
5. Prepares documentation supporting facility development efforts.
6. Prepares specifications and purchase requisitions for hardware.
C. NATURE OF POSITION CHALLENGES
Ability to organize and schedule their work while meeting the requirements of multiple, often competing, parties.
D. SUPERVISOR GUIDANCE
Works under the general guidance of the Supervisor. Is responsible for executing projects within approved work plans/schedules and resources.
Experience with facility operations and mechanical systems involving hydraulics, high pressure gas/fluid, high vacuum, electromechanical support systems, and instrumentation. Basic understanding and some experience with data acquisition systems, sensors, and machining processes. Experience with manufacturing and process control as well as SolidWorks or other CAD software.
Requires, as a minimum, a bachelor of science degree in mechanical, aerospace, or electrical engineering from an accredited school and at least three years of applicable experience. Must be able to obtain a NASA badge, gain access to the facilities, and pass a Security Clearance if required by the employer.
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Jacobs is a background screening, drug-free workplace.
Primary Location United States-California-Moffett Field
Req ID: PFO000166