Jacobs Interior Designer in Moon Township, Pennsylvania
Our People & Places Solutions business – reinforces our drive to improve the lives of people everywhere and epitomizes the "why" of what we do – the tremendous positive impact and value our solutions bring to our communities and society as a whole. From facilities delivering life-saving therapies and ensuring clean water to enabling the connection of people through all modes of transportation and providing access to technology – we're integrating a multitude of these solution elements to build the smart environments of tomorrow.
Start your Jacobs career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed – today and into tomorrow.
At Jacobs, we challenge what is currently accepted, so we can shape innovation and lasting solutions for tomorrow.
As a Designer, in the Pittsburgh, PA office you’ll be contributing as a team member, working with a Senior Project Designer to develop interior environments that enhance organizational performance and achieve the client’s business objectives utilizing best practices, and creative design solutions. You’ll use your 2D and 3D conceptual skills to communicate design ideas and direction, including programming client needs, conceptual and schematic design, design development, construction documents, and construction administration while conforming to budgets and schedules. In addition, the candidate may support the global Workplace Performance Strategy team to promote knowledge driven design grounded in people, space, and work performance.
In this role, you’ll be responsible for the following:
• Works independently under general supervision and leads sections of an interior design project with end product thoroughly reviewed for accuracy and completeness
• Understands procedures and offers improvements or solutions to project objectives
• Assists the design team in the implementation of the project process including programming, space planning, conceptual design, design development, and construction documents
• May also assist the Workplace team with workplace strategy pre-design services including, presentation graphics, survey and utilization data analytics, visioning and employee engagement focus groups, development of benchmarking, space types and real estate and space metrics
• Participates in client meetings and may present an aspect of the design to the client
• Field questions from contractors on areas of the project they have participated or led and work with manufacturers to clarify expectations
At Jacobs, we’re partnering across the globe to create the best project outcomes by maximizing the design, digital technology, and support capabilities of our Global Integrated Delivery (GID) teammates. By joining Jacobs, you’ll commit to supporting and engaging with these teams, as we work to build a company like no other.
Here’s What You’ll Need:
• Minimum of 2 years of applicable professional experience, with a focus on corporate / commercial projects
• Bachelor’s or higher level degree from an accredited school of interior design or architecture
• Proficient in Revit, AutoCAD and 3D visualization tools
• Strong graphic presentations skills with proficiency in Creative Adobe Suite applications
• Familiarity with design process, including FF&E related tasks
• Capability to work in a team setting with good collaboration skills
At Jacobs, we’re challenging today to reinvent tomorrow by solving the world’s most critical problems for thriving cities, resilient environments, mission-critical outcomes, operational advancement, scientific discovery and cutting-edge manufacturing, turning abstract ideas into realities that transform the world for good. With $15 billion in revenue and a talent force of more than 60,000, Jacobs provides a full spectrum of professional services including consulting, technical, scientific and project delivery for the government and private sector.