Jacobs Senior Electrical Aviation Engineer/ Project Manager in Moon Township, Pennsylvania
Our People & Places Solutions business – reinforces our drive to improve the lives of people everywhere and epitomizes the "why" of what we do – the tremendous positive impact and value our solutions bring to our communities and society as a whole. From facilities delivering life-saving therapies and ensuring clean water to enabling the connection of people through all modes of transportation and providing access to technology – we're integrating a multitude of these solution elements to build the smart environments of tomorrow.
Start your Jacobs career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed – today and into tomorrow.
Jacobs is one of the industry’s leading providers of comprehensive aviation services. Drawing on more than 50 years of airport experience, we support our clients at every phase of project development – from planning through design and construction to facilities management. Our engineers, architects, and planners are experts at delivering projects in highly complex and dynamic operating environments. Backed by decades of solid experience on large and small airport projects, Jacobs has served county, municipal, regional, and international airports; air carriers; and military installations. Our global aviation experience extends to working at more than 400 airports worldwide, including 25 of the Top 30 airports in the United States. We offer expertise across all core engineering, construction management, architecture, and specialty aviation disciplines. We are seeking an experienced Senior Electrical Aviation Engineer/Project Manager to join our team in Pittsburgh or Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. Jacob’s hybrid work model allows for you to maximize your work-life balance while enabling you to successfully deliver complex solutions for some of our nation’s largest airports.
As an Electrical Engineer/ Project Manager and vital member of our Aviation team, you’ll be responsible for leading Aviation project design and construction teams for airside, landside, and terminal facilities. Teams could be comprised of professional architects and/or engineers, project managers, designers, etc.
In this role you’ll be responsible for the effective delivery of multiple design and construction aviation projects from proposal development through project close-out including the management of resources, subconsultants, tasks and work necessary for successful project delivery.
You’ll be responsible for developing strong client relations through daily communication, meeting preparation, attendance, documentation, and regular reporting of task and project status. Additionally, you’ll serve as a liaison between clients, agencies, subcontractors and design teams including FAA, state DOTS, etc.
Your leadership expertise will be utilized through mentoring and supervising less experienced engineers and/ or technical support personnel assigned to projects. You’ll be responsible for coordinating all design activities, implementation of client design standards, development of contract documents – drawings, specifications, reports, cost estimates, and equipment sourcing documents, design reviews, value engineering and quality management.
At Jacobs, we’re partnering across the globe to create the best project outcomes by maximizing the design, digital technology, and support capabilities of our Global Integrated Delivery (GID) teammates. By joining Jacobs, you’ll commit to supporting and engaging with these teams, as we work to build a company like no other.
Additional responsibilities for this role will include:
• Resolving a variety of complex problems, i.e. conflicting design requirements, determining and meeting design criteria, difficult coordination requirements, etc.
• Facilitating resolution of issues and mitigation of risks associated with delivery of project designs.
• Evaluating the progress of designs and/or construction on a regular basis and proactively implement actions to address project design issues and risks (scope, cost and schedule) and capitalize on project opportunities.
• Reviewing plans, schedules and preparing or reviewing technical specifications, contract documents, CPM schedules, technical reports, and estimates.
• Exercising quality control procedures.
• Reporting schedule, cost, budget metrics, submittal tracking and overall design progress.
• Participating in project pursuits by maintaining client relationships, seeking and developing opportunities, identifying teaming partners, developing statements of work and proposals, etc.
• Providing on-site project and program management support as required
Here’s What You’ll Need:
• Bachelor’s degree in engineering
• Professional Engineering (PE) certification in New York, New Jersey, and Pennsylvania or ability to obtain within 6 months
• Minimum of 8 years of electric engineering experience
• Previous project/task management experience
• Previous experience on aviation-centric projects
• Experience working with CAD and CAE tools and work products in the preparation of aviation projects
• Experience with the development of reports, plans and specifications using FAA, UFC, or ICAO criteria
• Familiarity with FAA standards, specifications, orders, etc.
• Airfield construction experience
At Jacobs, we’re challenging today to reinvent tomorrow by solving the world’s most critical problems for thriving cities, resilient environments, mission-critical outcomes, operational advancement, scientific discovery and cutting-edge manufacturing, turning abstract ideas into realities that transform the world for good. With $15 billion in revenue and a talent force of more than 60,000, Jacobs provides a full spectrum of professional services including consulting, technical, scientific and project delivery for the government and private sector.
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), age, medical condition, marital or domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression and transgender status, mental disability or physical disability, genetic information, military or veteran status, citizenship, low-income status or any other status or characteristic protected by applicable law. Learn more about your rights under Federal EEO laws and supplemental language.