Jacobs Senior EC&I Engineer in Moor Row, United Kingdom
At Jacobs, we'll inspire and empower you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed – today and into tomorrow. With more than 55,000 people in 40+ countries, working at Jacobs offers an exciting range of opportunities to develop your career within a supportive and diverse team who always strive to do the right thing for our people, clients and communities.
People are Jacobs’ greatest asset, and we offer a competitive package to retain and attract the best talent.
In addition to the benefits you’d expect, UK employees also receive free single medical cover and digital GP service, family-friendly benefits such as enhanced parental leave pay and free membership of employee assistance and parental programmes, plus reimbursement towards relevant professional development and memberships.
Work-life balance and flexibility is a key focus area for Jacobs. We’re happy to discuss hybrid, part-time and flexible working hours, patterns and locations to suit you and our business.
We are currently recruiting for a Senior E,C& I Engineer to join the integrated joint venture team on the DDP Framework at Sellafield
The main goal of this framework is to assist in the decommissioning of the Magnox Swarf Storage Silo, one of four legacy waste plants prioritised for clean-up by Sellafield Ltd’s owner, the Nuclear Decommissioning Authority (NDA).
We are looking for Senior EC&I Engineer to undertake detail design and design support to manufacturing/construction/commissioning activities on the project.
The ideal candidate will be highly motivated, able to work independently, and have demonstrable engineering experience, be confident in their own ability to deliver the EC&I scope on a project.
About the opportunity:
Candidate should be familiar with the following:
• Develop Instrument Schedules, Block Cable Diagrams, and Instrument Data Sheets.
• Develop control panel schematic diagrams.
• Develop schemes for Instrument Loop Drawings, Hook-Up Drawings, and Instrument Mounting Drawings.
• Checking of deliverables, drawings and documentation.
• Support the PDMS team in developing the 3D plant model.
• Perform all assigned work to agreed Safety, Health & Environmental standards
• Participate in and advise on all design activities and initiatives, including documentation review etc.
• Ensure that all designs are to required standards and that the project objectives are met. Ensure that the work is completed to the agreed schedule.
• Preparation of project instrument schedules, design, Including instrument sizing and selection, calculations and verification checks
• Knowledge of Ventilation Systems and associated equipment.
Here’s What You’ll Need:
Degree/HNC Qualified in Electrical Engineering, Ideally MIET, Chartered
• Experienced in producing Outline Installation Method Statements
• Must have sound knowledge of process instrumentation.
• Must have a sound knowledge of electrical panel design processes.
• Ability to communicate effectively with team members.
Our values stand on a foundation of safety, integrity, inclusion and diversity. We put people at the heart of our business and we truly believe that by supporting one another through our culture of caring, we all succeed. We value positive mental health and a sense of belonging for all employees. Find out more about life at Jacobs. (https://careers.jacobs.com/life-at-jacobs/)
We aim to embed inclusion and diversity in everything we do. We know that if we are inclusive, we’re more connected, and if we are diverse, we’re more creative. We accept people for who they are, regardless of age, disability, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, mental health, race, faith or belief, sexual orientation, socioeconomic background, and whether you’re pregnant or on family leave. This is reflected in our wide range of Global Employee Networks centred on inclusion and diversity – ACE, Careers, Enlace, Harambee, OneWorld, Prism, Vetnet, and Women’s – find out more about our employee networks here. (https://www.jacobs.com/about/inclusion-and-diversity?_ga=2.1062705.1096535124.1626879887-1704311048.1575562676)
Jacobs partners with VERCIDA to help us attract and retain diverse talent. For greater online accessibility please visit www.vercida.com to view and access our roles. As a Disability Confident employer, we will interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for a vacancy. We welcome applications from candidates who are seeking flexible working and from those who may not meet all the listed requirements for a role
If you require further support or reasonable adjustments with regards to the recruitment process (for example, you require the application form in a different format), please contact the team (https://www.jacobs.com/contact/careers2) .
Your application experience is important to us and we’re keen to adapt to make every interaction even better. We welcome feedback on our recruitment process and if you need more from us before deciding to join Jacobs then please let us know. (https://www.jacobs.com/contact/careers2)