Jacobs Senior Estimator in Moor Row, United Kingdom
Critical Mission Solutions
Your mission is our mission.
We're invested in you and your success. Everything we do - whether Aerospace, Defense, Intelligence, Information Technology, Cybersecurity, Nuclear, Automotive, or Telecommunications - is more than just a project. It's our challenge as human beings, too. That's why we bring a thoughtful and collaborative approach to every one of our partnerships.
It's our promise to challenge the status quo as we redefine how to solve the world's greatest challenges, and transform big ideas into intelligent solutions for a more connected, sustainable world.
Design your career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed –today and into tomorrow.
Start your Jacobs career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed – today and into tomorrow.
Our Critical Mission Solutions business – we are invested in you and your success. Everything we do - whether Aerospace, Defence, Intelligence, Information Technology, Cybersecurity, Nuclear, Automotive, or Telecommunications - is more than just a project. It is our challenge as human beings, too. That is why we bring a thoughtful and collaborative approach to every one of our partnerships.
It is our promise to challenge the status quo as we redefine how to solve the world's greatest challenges and transform big ideas into intelligent solutions for a more connected, sustainable world.
About the opportunity:
• Working within our Field Services business you’ll be part of a large construction focused workforce tendering for and delivering complex and challenging construction projects throughout the nuclear and defence sectors, from inception to final delivery and client handover Jacobs Field Services offer a fantastic opportunity to engage with all life cycle phases of a project.
• Based out of our Pillar House office in Cumbria with regular attendances on the Sellafield site the role will push you to the forefront of estimating within the region, reporting into the UK Estimating function lead directly for the development of multi-disciplined construction estimates, working closely with the line of business director and capture managers for the given tenders. The key focus of this role is to bring structure and continuity to the estimating and tendering process in this region, using pre-developed estimating procedures and tools from across the wider field services business this opportunity presents fantastic development and growth opportunities and will allow you to really make an impact to the way this region operates.
Roles and Responsibilities;
The Senior Estimator is responsible for developing construction cost estimates covering all phases and cost elements of multi disciplined construction projects. This involves the development and owenrship of the estimate plan, contributing to and overseeing the detailed development of multi-disciplined construction estimate utilising discipline specialisms across the bid team, coordinating with other departments and/or offices as required and conducting estimate reviews with the estimating lead and senior management. Final preperations of estimate basis documents to aid with operational handover.
The main resposibilites are;
• Prepare, compile and co-ordinate the development of the estimate, ensuring all required estimating documentation is completed and issued to the capture manager in line with the bid schedule.
• Read and interpret ITT documentation in full, raise any TQ’s or RFI’s where information is believed to be missing or unclear.
• Participate in tender analysis and risk reviews
• Determine or develop personnel rate cards along with senior management
• Prepare discipline by discipline quantity take-offs (Mechanical, E&I, Civils, Structural, Building Works) involving where applicable the preparation of RFQ packages from drawings and specifications.
• Work with subcontractors and suppliers to prepare and distribute subcontractor & materials RFQ packages for work within project scope but not performed internally, including defining the scope of work, providing drawings, specifications and required documentation;
• Develop detailed indirect estimates, both onsite and off-site support;
• Complete detailed cost calculations including indirect, direct labour, material, rentals, subcontracts, and equipment;
• Gather, analyse, input and compile information for negotiated work; partake in operations handovers.
• Ensuring that the governance process is followed and the accurate submission of documentation for tender approval, this includes organising and attending Tender Approval meetings with Senior Management.
Here’s What You’ll Need:
Qualifications & Experience:
• 10 + years of experience in an estimating or related role, preferably in an industrial construction environment;
• Degree, diploma, or certificate in civil engineering or related MEICA discipline from an accredited post-secondary institution; technical training in project management, drafting and engineering design, trade certificates, and/or field experience are definite assets;
• Must have strong on site Sellafield Experience and various experience in the nuclear sector.
• NEC3/4 Contract suite implementation. Experienced in the production of fixed price, target cost and reimbursable estimates.
• Understand and apply estimating norms, factors and allowances to project cost components
• Understand the full project life cycle and its components of cost.
• Be a driving force in ensuring the estimate ties into both schedule and project delivery plan.
• When required able to supervise other Estimators as part of the Bid Team and ensure bid progression
• Work closely with the Commercial Lead, Sales Lead and Capture manager to ensure all commercial tender requirements are completed in a timely manor prior to bid submission
• Have good presentation skills and experience of presenting bids to internal management for approval.
• Extensive knowledge and ability to use all MS Office packaged, Especially Excel and Word.
• Either hold a P4 pass and/or be eligible for SC/DV clearances.
We clear the way for inventive thinking so you have the support, means and space to deliver the boldest solutions for the extraordinary and every day. Jacobs. A world where you can.
We clear the way for inventive thinking, so you have the support, means and space to deliver the boldest solutions for the extraordinary and every day. Jacobs. A world where you can.
We’re invested in you and your success. Our values stand on a foundation of safety, integrity, inclusion and diversity. We put people at the heart of our business and we truly believe that by supporting one another through our culture of caring, we all succeed. We value positive mental health and a sense of belonging for all employees.
We aim to make inclusion and diversity core attributes of our identity, embedded in all our employment and business practices in all locations. We know that if we are inclusive, we’re more connected, and if we are diverse, we’re more creative.
Jacobs partners with VERCIDA to help us attract and retain diverse talent. For greater online accessibility please visit www.vercida.co.uk to view and access our roles.
As a Disability Confident employer, we will interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for a vacancy. We welcome applications from candidates who are seeking flexible working and from those who may not meet all the listed requirements for a role.
If you have any queries regarding the application process, please contact the team here.
Successful candidates will be asked to complete a Baseline Personnel Security Standard Pre-Employment check and will be required to undergo various checks including: Identity, Right to Work; Employment/Education History and Criminal Record. If you are unable to meet this and any associated criteria, then your employment may be delayed or rejected.
At Jacobs, we’re challenging today to reinvent tomorrow by solving the world’s most critical problems for thriving cities, resilient environments, mission-critical outcomes, operational advancement, scientific discovery and cutting-edge manufacturing, turning abstract ideas into realities that transform the world for good. With $13 billion in revenue and a talent force of more than 55,000, Jacobs provides a full spectrum of professional services including consulting, technical, scientific and project delivery for the government and private sector.