Jacobs Communication Systems Engineer/Designer in Morristown, New Jersey
Our People & Places Solutions business – reinforces our drive to improve the lives of people everywhere and epitomizes the "why" of what we do – the tremendous positive impact and value our solutions bring to our communities and society as a whole. From facilities delivering life-saving therapies and ensuring clean water to enabling the connection of people through all modes of transportation and providing access to technology – we're integrating a multitude of these solution elements to build the smart environments of tomorrow.
Start your Jacobs career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed – today and into tomorrow.
At Jacobs, we partner with our clients to provide engineering, procurement and implementation of a broad range of applied systems and technologies with focus on security, communications, RF and telecommunication networks and systems. These include fiber/copper infrastructure, Ethernet, and wireless network technologies spanning a wide range of systems and areas.
We are looking for someone to join our established team who will be responsible for design and implementation of technology-based systems on a design-bid-build and design build or turnkey basis. By joining us, we will provide you the opportunity to provide construction management services, field activities, and interact with clients.
We’ll provide you professional growth by asking you to be responsible for the day-to-day execution of project plans. You’re an essential element of our team because you will monitor and report project progress, be mindful in the development of project drawings, project deliverables, and drafting.
Here’s What You’ll Need:
• Bachelor of Science in communications, electrical engineering or Associates degree and/or the combination of practical experience and education. This experience should demonstrate a progression of drafting, design, and implementation/field experience
• Experience in multiple technical disciplines to execute technical work plans and schedules while interacting with other disciplines and clients
• Knowledge of and practical working experience in AutoCAD, 3D, BIM, and MicroStation Computer-Aided Design (CAD)
• Knowledge of and practical working experience with the design and implementation of communications and security systems technologies and their application
• RF/Wireless infrastructure design supporting Wireless Mesh, WiFi and WiMax networks for above ground and underground applications in a large campus environment
• Knowledge of applicable codes, standards, and regulations to include IEEE, FCC, ADA, NEC, NFPA, and others as it pertains to communications systems designs
• Carrier-grade fiber optic network design supporting Gigabit Ethernet services and core enterprise operations
• Knowledge of Electro-magnetic Interference (EMI) analysis and assessment to ensure Electro-magnetic Compatibility (EMC)
• Structured cabling infrastructure, grounding, and telecommunications equipment design
• Security Systems design including Intrusion/Access Control systems/CCTV and video management
• Knowledge of and practical working experience with Microsoft Office productivity suite including Word, Excel, Visio, Project and PowerPoint
• Knowledge of or practical working experience with Primavera or other scheduling software, ProjectWise, SharePoint, or other web-based data sharing programs/applications
Ideally, You’ll Also Have:
• BICSI, RCDD and/or EIT/Professional Engineer are desirable
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), age, medical condition, marital or domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression and transgender status, mental disability or physical disability, genetic information, military or veteran status, citizenship, low-income status or any other status or characteristic protected by applicable law. Learn more about your rights under Federal EEO laws (https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf) and supplemental language (https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/eeoc_gina_supplement.pdf) .
At Jacobs, we’re challenging today to reinvent tomorrow by solving the world’s most critical problems for thriving cities, resilient environments, mission-critical outcomes, operational advancement, scientific discovery and cutting-edge manufacturing, turning abstract ideas into realities that transform the world for good. With $13 billion in revenue and a talent force of more than 55,000, Jacobs provides a full spectrum of professional services including consulting, technical, scientific and project delivery for the government and private sector.