Jacobs Environmental Resilience Planner in Morristown, New Jersey
Our People & Places Solutions business – reinforces our drive to improve the lives of people everywhere and epitomizes the "why" of what we do – the tremendous positive impact and value our solutions bring to our communities and society as a whole. From facilities delivering life-saving therapies and ensuring clean water to enabling the connection of people through all modes of transportation and providing access to technology – we're integrating a multitude of these solution elements to build the smart environments of tomorrow.
Start your Jacobs career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed – today and into tomorrow.
Jacobs environmental planning staff are part of a global network of employees, which serves both the private and public sector. Our employees work to shape the communities we live in by creating world-class projects that transform the future development patterns of those communities. We provide our clients award-winning planning, engineering, architectural and interior design, construction and program management, and design-build project delivery. The Jacobs business model allows us to successfully service our clients, leverage our integrated services, and provide our employees with growth opportunities while delivering global solutions to our client’s local programs. We consistently receive high rankings from Engineering News-Record (ENR) in many classifications, including the categories of Top Design Firms, Top Contractors, Top Green Buildings Design Firms, and Top Transportation Companies.
At Jacobs, you’ll work for a company that strives to provide opportunities for employees to learn, grow, and thrive. When it comes to environmental consulting, you will be a part of a company that is focused on a solutions-based approach to helping our clients and the environment through identification of sustainable practices that will benefit both.
As a Mid-level Environmental Planner based in Morristown NJ you’ll have the opportunity to work on local projects as well as projects throughout the US and abroad. Our “Future of Work” approach will offer you the opportunity to spend time working both in the office and time working from home. We want you to be empowered to deliver the boldest solutions for everyday living, so explore us!
Here’s What You’ll Need:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Environmental Planning, Environmental Science, Biology, Ecology, Cultural Resources, or a related field
• Proficiency preparing CEQA and NEPA analysis and documentation
• Substantial post graduate professional years of experience
• Provides technical support to the analysis and development of various environmental, resiliency and sustainability-based planning projects
• Additional specific experience in environmental (or other) planning, natural resources, permitting, or other related fields
• Experience with the NJ Regulatory Agencies
• Experience with NJ State Transportation Agencies
• Experience in Resilience Transportation Planning, Sustainability and Climate Change
• Certified Planner issued by the American Institute of Certified Planners (AICP)Ability to foster relationships with large project teams, client, client’s contractors and regulatory agency staff
• Excellent writing and communication skills
Ideally, you’ll also have:
• Master’s Degree in Environmental (or other) Planning or related field
• Experience with GIS
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), age, medical condition, marital or domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression and transgender status, mental disability or physical disability, genetic information, military or veteran status, citizenship, low-income status or any other status or characteristic protected by applicable law. Learn more about your rights under Federal EEO laws (https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf) and supplemental language (https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/eeoc_gina_supplement.pdf) .
At Jacobs, we’re challenging today to reinvent tomorrow by solving the world’s most critical problems for thriving cities, resilient environments, mission-critical outcomes, operational advancement, scientific discovery and cutting-edge manufacturing, turning abstract ideas into realities that transform the world for good. With $13 billion in revenue and a talent force of more than 55,000, Jacobs provides a full spectrum of professional services including consulting, technical, scientific and project delivery for the government and private sector.