Jacobs Hydrology and Hydraulics Water Resource Engineer in Morristown, New Jersey
Our People & Places Solutions business – reinforces our drive to improve the lives of people everywhere and epitomizes the "why" of what we do – the tremendous positive impact and value our solutions bring to our communities and society as a whole. From facilities delivering life-saving therapies and ensuring clean water to enabling the connection of people through all modes of transportation and providing access to technology – we're integrating a multitude of these solution elements to build the smart environments of tomorrow.
Start your Jacobs career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed – today and into tomorrow.
Water is playing an essential role in our health and well-being, now more than ever. As a solutions company, at Jacobs we believe in dreaming big while keeping our feet planted firmly on the ground, so we ask you explore our different way of thinking to everything we do!
By joining us, we’ll look to you to perform data collection, analysis, design, technical studies, and prepare reports associated with flood control related components for transportation and public works projects. Also, we’ll help you grow because you’ll be responsible for assisting the design on hydrologic and hydraulic analysis, floodplain modeling, scour analysis, scour countermeasure design, engineering calculations, and permitting for NJDEP Flood Hazard Area and Soil Erosion Certification.
As an integral member of our team, you'll assist on technically challenging problems involving riparian impacts/mitigation, floodplain/floodway delineation using both 1-D and 2-D modeling, scour design, reservoir routing, levee design, and flood mitigation. You’ll assist the lead water resource professional in watershed modeling and research permitting requirements and design approaches. By doing so you’ll help us achieve our clients’ goals.
We are looking for a passionate and dedicated teammate to support local and regional clients. Join us and we’ll continue to develop your skills as you explore all that you can do across our global company, with opportunities to share your knowledge along the way.
At Jacobs, we’re partnering across the globe to create the best project outcomes by maximizing the design, digital technology, and support capabilities of our Global Integrated Delivery (GID) teammates. By joining Jacobs, you’ll commit to supporting and engaging with these teams, as we work to build a company like no other.
Here’s What You’ll Need:
• Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering
• Engineer in Training (EIT)
• At least 2 years of professional engineering experience related to performance of infrastructure, hydrology and hydraulics design related projects
• Professional experience with ArcMap, HEC Programs, Pondpack
• Experience with Hydrologic and Hydraulic (H&H) modeling of riverine systems, floodplain delineation, culvert and bridge hydraulics, scour analysis, erosion and sediment control design, plan review and plan and report preparation.
• Professional engineering design experience on civil/site energy projects and/or land development projects
• Knowledge of LiDAR data, 3-D surfaces, and datum adjustments
• GIS to support engineering studies, and preparation of environmental and engineering documents/maps
• Knowledge and proficient use of Microsoft Excel, SharePoint, Word, and PowerPoint
• Excellent interpersonal, verbal communication and written skills
*Ideally, You’ll Also Have: *
• Master’s degree with emphasis in hydrology/hydraulics, water resources
• Professional Engineer (PE) license preferred but not required
• Experience using Microstation and HEC-RAS2D/SRH-2D
• Knowledge of NJDEP permitting requirements
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), age, medical condition, marital or domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression and transgender status, mental disability or physical disability, genetic information, military or veteran status, citizenship, low-income status or any other status or characteristic protected by applicable law. Learn more about your rights under Federal EEO laws (https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf) and supplemental language (https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/eeoc_gina_supplement.pdf) .
At Jacobs, we’re challenging today to reinvent tomorrow by solving the world’s most critical problems for thriving cities, resilient environments, mission-critical outcomes, operational advancement, scientific discovery and cutting-edge manufacturing, turning abstract ideas into realities that transform the world for good. With $13 billion in revenue and a talent force of more than 55,000, Jacobs provides a full spectrum of professional services including consulting, technical, scientific and project delivery for the government and private sector.