Jacobs Sr. Communications Engineer in Morristown, New Jersey
Our People & Places Solutions business – reinforces our drive to improve the lives of people everywhere and epitomizes the "why" of what we do – the tremendous positive impact and value our solutions bring to our communities and society as a whole. From facilities delivering life-saving therapies and ensuring clean water to enabling the connection of people through all modes of transportation and providing access to technology – we're integrating a multitude of these solution elements to build the smart environments of tomorrow.
Start your Jacobs career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed – today and into tomorrow.
We work on the engineering, procurement and implementation of a broad range of applied systems and technologies with focus on RF and telecommunication networks. These networks include both fiber optic and wireless network technologies spanning wave division multiplexing networks to Wi-Max (IEEE 802.16) systems.
The Senior Communications Engineer we are seeking will provide leadership in the development of client relationships, execution of complex projects, and staff development.
We’ll have you coordinate with the telecommunication and broadband practice leadership. You’ll utilize your experience in the management of teams for the design, installation and commissioning of wireless and fiber optic telecommunications systems. Also, you will be responsible for design and implementation of technology based systems on a design-bid-build and design build or turnkey basis.
Utilizing your leadership skills, you will be responsible for the day-to-day execution of project plans, schedules and budgets. This responsibility includes the monitoring and reporting of project progress, development of project invoices and development of project deliverables. In addition, the position supports development of project bids including development of technical proposals, schedules and budgets.
Here’s What You’ll Need:
• Substantial years of experience required, BS or MS in electrical engineering. This experience should demonstrate a progression of responsibility including design, implementation, and management experience.
• BCSI, RCDD and/or EIT/Professional Engineer are desirable
• Experience leading and working with teams comprised of multiple technical disciplines to execute technical work plans and schedules while maintaining project budgets and schedules.
• Strong knowledge of and practical working experience in the design and implementation of communications and systems technologies and their application.
• RF/Wireless infrastructure design supporting Wireless Mesh, Wi-Fi and Wi-Max networks for above ground and underground applications in a large campus environment
• Carrier-grade fiber optic network design supporting Gigabit Ethernet services and core enterprise operations
• Electro-magnetic Interference (EMI) analysis and assessment to ensure Electro-magnetic Compatibility (EMC)
• Structured cabling infrastructure, grounding, and telecommunications equipment design
• Primary and Secondary telecommunications room design
• Network design supporting:
• Fire Alarm & Life Safety Systems
• Security Systems design including Intrusion/Access Control systems;
• CCTV Surveillance and video management and distribution systems
• Tetra UHF Radio
• Cable TV distribution
• FM rebroadcast
• Knowledge of and practical working experience with Microsoft Office productivity suite including Word, Excel, Visio, Project and PowerPoint.
• Knowledge of and practical working experience with Primavera or other scheduling software.
• Knowledge of and practical working experience with Bentley 2 and 3D, and MicroStation Suite to include OpenBuildings, OpenRoads, and OpenRail
• Strong written and oral presentations skills.
Will work with other engineering disciplines to support larger projects by designing communications systems. This will include analyzing and defining system requirements and developing final plans, specifications, and estimates for the project. At times, may provide systems integration support including network commissioning and testing. Candidate must have a valid driver’s license, their own vehicle and have the ability to travel within the Mid- Atlantic Region as well as traveling nationally to represent Jacobs at professional association meetings.
May occasionally be required to work outdoors in various geographic regions and in wide variety of weather conditions and facilities. May also be required to lift and carry weights up to 50 lbs.
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), age, medical condition, marital or domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression and transgender status, mental disability or physical disability, genetic information, military or veteran status, citizenship, low-income status or any other status or characteristic protected by applicable law. Learn more about your rights under Federal EEO laws (https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf) and supplemental language (https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/eeoc_gina_supplement.pdf) .
At Jacobs, we’re challenging today to reinvent tomorrow by solving the world’s most critical problems for thriving cities, resilient environments, mission-critical outcomes, operational advancement, scientific discovery and cutting-edge manufacturing, turning abstract ideas into realities that transform the world for good. With $13 billion in revenue and a talent force of more than 55,000, Jacobs provides a full spectrum of professional services including consulting, technical, scientific and project delivery for the government and private sector.