Jacobs Architect Project Manager in New York, New York
Our People & Places Solutions business – reinforces our drive to improve the lives of people everywhere and epitomizes the "why" of what we do – the tremendous positive impact and value our solutions bring to our communities and society as a whole. From facilities delivering life-saving therapies and ensuring clean water to enabling the connection of people through all modes of transportation and providing access to technology – we're integrating a multitude of these solution elements to build the smart environments of tomorrow.
Start your Jacobs career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed – today and into tomorrow.
At Jacobs, we don’t settle – always looking beyond to raise the bar and deliver with excellence. We apply our expertise and knowledge as we look into the future with great optimism and focus. We don’t settle until we give our best and know that we’re making a difference. To continue these efforts, we’re looking for an Architecture Project Manager to join our team.
When you join us, you’ll have the opportunity to mentor staff to deliver the highest level of service directly to the client. As a Project Manager, you will utilize your skills as an architect and with your team; research, program, plan, design, applying knowledge of architectural design, zoning and building codes, building systems and materials.
As an Architect Project Manager, you’ll leverage your people management skills to help your team members discover what drives them, guiding them forward supervising design documentation activities of others to include checking activities of staff in preparing drawings and specification documents for conceptual design, schematic design, and/or the detailed design Phases for facility design projects design review, mechanical, engineering, plumbing(MEP), structural, and controls. The connection with the General Contractor is direct and requires a level of technical expertise related to the specific scope of the project. This position is also client facing and would act as an onsite Owners Representative with an emphasis on ensuring Design, Schedule, Cost, Scope, Quality, and Safety.
More of what you’ll be doing;
• Manage project designs for complex multi-million dollar design/build
• Deliver large complex and/or multiple projects on time and within budget.
• Securing, assigning and maintaining a project team containing all the resources required to successfully deliver projects while maintaining quality.
• Provide effective executive project management to help reduce the costs of delivering projects and adding value to the business by applying proven project management techniques.
• Plan, organize and direct management and design staff
• Interface with the client to ensure expectations are identified and met.
• Manage, ensure and enhance project quality by providing ideas and suggestions aimed at improving the effectiveness of project activities.
• Perform sales activities including client development, proposal and qualifications development, and interviews.
• Develop scope and fee documents.
Your most impactful mission in this role is to embrace living inclusion every day and enabling diversity and quality globally. For us, this means creating a culture of belonging where we all thrive by embracing all perspectives. An inclusive culture with many perspectives through diverse backgrounds allows us to leverage knowledge, leadership and connection to bring forth opportunity, creativity and growth.
At Jacobs, we’re partnering across the globe to create the best project outcomes by maximizing the design, digital technology, and support capabilities of our Global Integrated Delivery (GID) teammates. By joining Jacobs, you’ll commit to supporting and engaging with these teams, as we work to build a company like no other.
Here’s What You’ll Need:
• Bachelor Degree in Architecture
• Senior level professional with project experience on Transportation and Commercial projects
• Registered Architect (RA) Licensed Architect and NCARB Certificate holder, preferable in New York
• Experience in design, design management and construction administration involving direct client contact and full responsibility for Architecture on projects
*Ideally You’ll Also Have: *
• Masters degree of Architecture and/or Business
• NCARB Certification
• Understanding workflow of designs in Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign graphic software
• Understanding workflow and documentation for BIM (REVIT)
• Advanced knowledge of sustainability, integrated design and LEED guidelines
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), age, medical condition, marital or domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression and transgender status, mental disability or physical disability, genetic information, military or veteran status, citizenship, low-income status or any other status or characteristic protected by applicable law. Learn more about your rights under Federal EEO laws (https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf) and supplemental language (https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/eeoc_gina_supplement.pdf) .
At Jacobs, we’re challenging today to reinvent tomorrow by solving the world’s most critical problems for thriving cities, resilient environments, mission-critical outcomes, operational advancement, scientific discovery and cutting-edge manufacturing, turning abstract ideas into realities that transform the world for good. With $13 billion in revenue and a talent force of more than 55,000, Jacobs provides a full spectrum of professional services including consulting, technical, scientific and project delivery for the government and private sector.