Jacobs Change Manager in New York, New York
Our People & Places Solutions business – reinforces our drive to improve the lives of people everywhere and epitomizes the "why" of what we do – the tremendous positive impact and value our solutions bring to our communities and society as a whole. From facilities delivering life-saving therapies and ensuring clean water to enabling the connection of people through all modes of transportation and providing access to technology – we're integrating a multitude of these solution elements to build the smart environments of tomorrow.
Start your Jacobs career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed – today and into tomorrow.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Change Manager to join a mega transit project in New York. Leveraging state of the art technology, this project will transform and modernize user experience in using public transit systems.
The Change Manager is a senior member of the Project Management Consultant team, reporting to the Commercial Manager. This position is responsible for developing contract change order procedure, and implement change management strategies as well as to assist the client in change order negotiation.
We’ll look to you to be flexible, knowledgeable, have excellent communication skills to work with various internal and external stakeholders. The Change Manager, as an integral part of the team, is required to work full time in a co-located office with the client and the PM team.
• Development and implementation of contract change procedure throughout its lifecycle from identification of requirement to client approval and execution
• Become proficient in the contract change process and enable knowledge sharing with wider project management team
• Be able to work on multiple change orders and confidently meet expected dates of completion and be prepared to engage with stakeholders on a regular basis regarding potential contract changes
• Ensure quality control is in place for change order cost estimate and Time Impact Analysis
• Working with Delivery Team to identify potential changes and scope impacts
• Develop change avoidance and prevention strategies
• Reviewing contract language to identify scope changes
• Provide high level change summary and assist client in negotiations with the Design-Builder
• Attend regular executive change meeting to present potential change orders and analysis to senior leadership
• Coordinating with Delivery Team on status updates
At Jacobs, we’re partnering across the globe to create the best project outcomes by maximizing the design, digital technology, and support capabilities of our Global Integrated Delivery (GID) teammates. By joining Jacobs, you’ll commit to supporting and engaging with these teams, as we work to build a company like no other.
Jacobs health and welfare benefits are designed to invest in you, and in the things you care about. Your health. Your well-being. Your security. Your future. Typical benefits offered include flexible work schedules and opportunities to work remotely, educational reimbursement, retirement benefits, employee stock purchase plan, health benefits, disability benefits, life and accident insurance, voluntary benefits, paid time off and paid holidays, and parental leave.
Typical salary range for this position is $130,000+ and is commensurate with experience relative to the position.
Here’s What You’ll Need:
• Degree qualified in appropriate engineering or management subject.
• Substantial, post- graduate years experience within the construction industry and good understanding of change management
• Have a good understanding of design-build project delivery model
• Superior interpersonal skills are required to enable effective interaction with clients, seniors and peers while working in a “Team” environment
• Able to build and maintain effective internal and external working relationships.
• Strong organizational skills, attention to detail and quality are required along with a process improvement-oriented mindset
• Capable of effective multi-task working, identifying, and managing priorities and working to challenging time scales
• Must possess good listening/ communication skills enabling requests to be assimilated and converted into action plans.
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), age, medical condition, marital or domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression and transgender status, mental disability or physical disability, genetic information, military or veteran status, citizenship, low-income status or any other status or characteristic protected by applicable law. Learn more about your rights under Federal EEO laws (https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf) and supplemental language (https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/eeoc_gina_supplement.pdf) .
At Jacobs, we’re challenging today to reinvent tomorrow by solving the world’s most critical problems for thriving cities, resilient environments, mission-critical outcomes, operational advancement, scientific discovery and cutting-edge manufacturing, turning abstract ideas into realities that transform the world for good. With $13 billion in revenue and a talent force of more than 55,000, Jacobs provides a full spectrum of professional services including consulting, technical, scientific and project delivery for the government and private sector.