Jacobs Client Account Manager (CAM)/Business Development Manager - New York Transportation & Infrastructure in New York, New York
Our People & Places Solutions business – reinforces our drive to improve the lives of people everywhere and epitomizes the "why" of what we do – the tremendous positive impact and value our solutions bring to our communities and society as a whole. From facilities delivering life-saving therapies and ensuring clean water to enabling the connection of people through all modes of transportation and providing access to technology – we're integrating a multitude of these solution elements to build the smart environments of tomorrow.
Start your Jacobs career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed – today and into tomorrow.
As a Client Account Manager, you will have the opportunity to impact strategic business relationships to win work with new clients and sustain and grow new work with existing clients. This is a highly visible and critical leadership position within Jacobs. CAMs are responsible for the development and management of sales strategies, client relationships, pursuits, presentations, and intracompany business partnerships that directly support the growth of the Jacobs organization.
Your focus will be to drive growth around specific opportunities within Transportation and Infrastructure Market for clients such as MTA, NYSDOT, PANYNJ, NYSDOY, NYCDOT, etc. You’ll lead capture teams influencing their sales process discipline, and develop and deliver win strategies, proposals, interviews, and presentations. We’ll rely on you to make sure Jacobs is our client’s firm-of-choice, that our company has a thorough understanding of the client’s needs, and that Jacobs is seen as the client’s best advocate for accomplishing their goals.
In this role, you will:
• Represent Jacobs to the client in a positive, caring, solutions-oriented approach
• Identify, charter, and lead client account teams comprised of regional and business leaders, project managers and technical leads to capture new work
• Facilitate the creation of deep, personal, valuable client relationships between Jacobs personnel and client personnel
• Drive higher levels of client engagement and facilitate C-Suite engagement
• Develop trust and credibility with clients by engaging in business discussions to formulate winning and portfolio diversification solutions
• Deliver new contracts and projects by developing, maintaining and advancing client relationships through direct contact and by winning proposals
• Develop opportunity win plans by engaging with project teams to identify the right approach and team structure.
• Craft winning proposals and presentations working closely with Operations and Sales Operations.
• Work closely with Operations as the project is delivered; provides meaningful feedback on how the team is doing in delivering client expectations
• Track and shares client relationship developments through call reports and sales database entries, and actively manages the sales pipeline in the Jacobs Client Success Platform (CSP)
• Coordinate and facilitate Go/No Go decisions, and develop required sales costs aligned with the opportunity potential and return on investment objectives
• Advance diversity and inclusion across client account teams
• Attract key staff to continue building our resources
Here’s What You’ll Need:
• A passion for the Transportation and Infrastructure business coupled with the innate ability to understand and influence the decision-making process associated with successful sales efforts
• A Bachelor’s degree in a relevant technical or business-related discipline, or equivalent related work experience in lieu of a degree
• Substantial professional years of experience in, engineering, architecture, planning, consulting, project & construction management and/or related disciplines associated with the built environment market sector
• Direct experience with and contributions to winning work across a broad range of project types and sizes with Transportation and Infrastructure clients in New York
• Proven client and project development skills and the ability to develop strong relationships with clients and stakeholders
• An inclusive leadership mindset with respect to building and coordinating teams consisting of operations, sales, sales operations, and S&T staff
• Sales knowledge of how to develop client account plans and win strategies, identify contracts well in advance, respond to RFPs/solicitations, interview and win new work
• Ability to lead and motivate account teams, set a vision and strategy, reach across Jacobs to offer best-in-class solutions, manage commercial and legal negotiations, and close deals
• Successful track record of being innovative and bringing differentiated value to clients
• Strong business acumen coupled with effective communication skills
• Analytical skills to develop pricing proposals and comply with sales budgets
• Engagement and/or leadership on local industry and business boards
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), age, medical condition, marital or domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression and transgender status, mental disability or physical disability, genetic information, military or veteran status, citizenship, low-income status or any other status or characteristic protected by applicable law. Learn more about your rights under Federal EEO laws (https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf) and supplemental language (https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/eeoc_gina_supplement.pdf) .
At Jacobs, we’re challenging today to reinvent tomorrow by solving the world’s most critical problems for thriving cities, resilient environments, mission-critical outcomes, operational advancement, scientific discovery and cutting-edge manufacturing, turning abstract ideas into realities that transform the world for good. With $13 billion in revenue and a talent force of more than 55,000, Jacobs provides a full spectrum of professional services including consulting, technical, scientific and project delivery for the government and private sector.