Jacobs Control Systems Field Engineer- SCADA in New York, New York
Our People & Places Solutions business – reinforces our drive to improve the lives of people everywhere and epitomizes the "why" of what we do – the tremendous positive impact and value our solutions bring to our communities and society as a whole. From facilities delivering life-saving therapies and ensuring clean water to enabling the connection of people through all modes of transportation and providing access to technology – we're integrating a multitude of these solution elements to build the smart environments of tomorrow.
Start your Jacobs career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed – today and into tomorrow.
At Jacobs, we’re transforming intangible ideas into innovative solutions designing the future -today….by joining our New York team, you will too.
Our Control System Field Engineers provide technically complex and robust SCADA systems to support Critical transportation and aviation infrastructure, water/wastewater and mission-critical environments. Our Engineers are in involved in designing or integrating Power Systems, Life Safety systems (Ventilation and Fire), Traffic systems and mechanical systems You will be exposed to and become proficient in designing and implementation of SCADA systems. Additional requirements include knowledge of PLC and HMI programming, panel building, power distribution system, Mechanical Systems (Pump, Fuel and Generators), fire alarm and life safety systems and construction administration services.
Your daily job function will include one or more of the following:
• Troubleshooting SCADA networks, control panels, human machine interfaces.
• Installation, start up and testing of new PLC based SCADA systems
• Commissioning of PLC based SCADA systems
• Retrofitting existing PLC controls panels, PLC software and HMI software
• Engaging with SCADA vendors and manufactures to understand product capabilities.
At Jacobs, we’re partnering across the globe to create the best project outcomes by maximizing the design, digital technology, and support capabilities of our Global Integrated Delivery (GID) teammates. By joining Jacobs, you’ll commit to supporting and engaging with these teams, as we work to build a company like no other.
Here’s What You’ll Need:
• Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering or Mechanical Engineering with a control system focus
• Professional expertise of maintenance, testing, startup/integration and troubleshooting of PLC based SCADA hardware and software used in industrial control systems.
• Expertise with hands-on field experience with instrumentation commonly used in control systems
• Nights and weekend work is often required for critical systems
• 10%-15% travel time expected with trip durations 1 to 2 weeks, local or international travel
Ideally, you'll have:
• Certified Control Systems Technician (CCST) certification through ISA is preferred
• Experience with programming of:
o Siemens 400H PLC, Simatic Step 7, TIA Portal.
o Rockwell Automation ControlLogix and CompactLogix platform, Rockwell Studio 5000.
o Schneider PLCs
• Experience with Wonderware, WinCC, FactoryTalk and IFIX HMI software programming
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), age, medical condition, marital or domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression and transgender status, mental disability or physical disability, genetic information, military or veteran status, citizenship, low-income status or any other status or characteristic protected by applicable law. Learn more about your rights under Federal EEO laws (https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf) and supplemental language (https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/eeoc_gina_supplement.pdf) .
At Jacobs, we’re challenging today to reinvent tomorrow by solving the world’s most critical problems for thriving cities, resilient environments, mission-critical outcomes, operational advancement, scientific discovery and cutting-edge manufacturing, turning abstract ideas into realities that transform the world for good. With $13 billion in revenue and a talent force of more than 55,000, Jacobs provides a full spectrum of professional services including consulting, technical, scientific and project delivery for the government and private sector.