Jacobs Electrical Engineer- Power in New York, New York
Our People & Places Solutions business – reinforces our drive to improve the lives of people everywhere and epitomizes the "why" of what we do – the tremendous positive impact and value our solutions bring to our communities and society as a whole. From facilities delivering life-saving therapies and ensuring clean water to enabling the connection of people through all modes of transportation and providing access to technology – we're integrating a multitude of these solution elements to build the smart environments of tomorrow.
Start your Jacobs career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed – today and into tomorrow.
At Jacobs, we’re transforming intangible ideas into innovative solutions designing the future - today.
As an Electrical Engineer in our New York office you will be joining a team that provides a range of skills as part of an integrated building services design. Our diverse range of skills include medium voltage to low voltage power distribution system design, power studies (short circuit, coordination and & arc flash), lighting design, transportation and aviation infrastructure fire and life safety systems, water/wastewater facilities, mission critical environments and renewable energy infrastructure.
While working in this role you’ll be able to manage multiple projects simultaneously including design, perform calculations, prepare contract drawings and specifications and prepare basis of design reports. Part of the role includes delegating work to junior staff and overseeing drawings, specifications and calculations to ensure they meet applicable codes and project requirements. As a senior electrical engineer your responsibilities will also include attending client meetings during which you will interface with contractors and vendors without supervisions.
Some of the experience you will need to draw on are:
• Design full low and medium voltage electrical systems, including power, lighting, fire alarm and signaling systems
• Design lighting systems including associated control systems
• Prepare load analysis for each stage of design
• Prepare detailed project electrical systems drawings
• Prepare basis of design report for the project
• Select and prepare specifications for electrical equipment
• Coordinate work with engineers of other disciplines and with project architects
• Confidentiality with clients and projects.
• Presentations to clients.
Design your career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed – today and into tomorrow.
At Jacobs, we’re partnering across the globe to create the best project outcomes by maximizing the design, digital technology, and support capabilities of our Global Integrated Delivery (GID) teammates. By joining Jacobs, you’ll commit to supporting and engaging with these teams, as we work to build a company like no other.
Jacobs health and welfare benefits are designed to invest in you, and in the things you care about. Your health. Your well-being. Your security. Your future. Eligible employees and their dependents may elect medical, dental, vision, and basic life insurance. Employees are able to enroll in our company’s 401k plan, and if eligible, a deferred compensation plan, and Executive Deferral Plan. We have an unlimited U.S. Personalized Paid Time Off (PPTO) policy for eligible full-time exempt employees, seven paid holidays, one floating holiday, and caregiver leave. Hired applicants will be able to purchase discount company stock and have the opportunity to receive a performance discretionary bonus.
The base salary range for this position is $110,000 to $125,000. Within the range, individual pay is determined by work location and additional factors, including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training.
Here’s What You’ll Need:
• Bachelor Degree in Electrical Engineering (BSEE)
• Professional Engineer licensure
• Experience working for a MEP firm required focusing on Mission Critical applications, experience designing medium-voltage distribution systems and emergency generation
• Proficient in Revit, 3D CADD.
• Knowledge of NFPA Standards
• Working knowledge of other building systems (e.g. door finish hardware, IT building communications, lighting controls and BAS networks) as these relate electrical systems
Ideally, You'll Also Have
• Master's Degree in Electrical Engineering
At Jacobs, we’re challenging today to reinvent tomorrow by solving the world’s most critical problems for thriving cities, resilient environments, mission-critical outcomes, operational advancement, scientific discovery and cutting-edge manufacturing, turning abstract ideas into realities that transform the world for good. With $15 billion in revenue and a talent force of more than 60,000, Jacobs provides a full spectrum of professional services including consulting, technical, scientific and project delivery for the government and private sector.