Jacobs Inspector – Green Infrastructure in New York, New York
Our People & Places Solutions business – reinforces our drive to improve the lives of people everywhere and epitomizes the "why" of what we do – the tremendous positive impact and value our solutions bring to our communities and society as a whole. From facilities delivering life-saving therapies and ensuring clean water to enabling the connection of people through all modes of transportation and providing access to technology – we're integrating a multitude of these solution elements to build the smart environments of tomorrow.
Start your Jacobs career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed – today and into tomorrow.
Are you mindful regarding how infrastructure can deliver transformative outcomes? If so, you should explore our Inspector opportunity to support our green infrastructure solutions team throughout NYC.
When you join us, we’ll provide you professional growth while you…..
• Observe, inspect, and document both underground utility, water/sewer installation, road reconstruction construction activity as an Owner's Representative
• Complete all Daily Inspection Reports to document that the work is being reported accurately and completely and that non-conforming work is accurately documented.
• Ensure compliance with design plans, specifications and permit requirements
• Ensure any changes to the work made in the field are reflected on the record drawings for the project.
• Coordinate with third party materials testing firms for concrete, soil, and weld testing
• Notify Contractors immediately of all new Change Orders and Time and Material work; ensure tracking and signing tickets daily for all Time and Material work; ensure that Change Order work and Time and Material work is accurately documented on Daily Inspector Reports.
• Display strong organizational, communication and interpersonal skills and can work in a fast-paced team environment with multiple deadlines and oversight of a team of sub-consultants.
• Assist Environmental, Health, and Safety Professionals with site safety verifications of the Contractor work activities, notifying Contractors of, and documenting concerns.
• Coordinate with City personnel, client, contractor, and project stakeholders during projects
• Prepare sketches for work performed and daily quantities on the inspection report.
• Performs daily dusk and dawn patrols
• Ensures complete adherence to the approved MPT plans
• Inform the Resident Engineers of any field potential changes that might impact the cost or the progress of the project
Jacobs health and welfare benefits are designed to invest in you, and in the things you care about. Your health. Your well-being. Your security. Your future. Typical benefits offered include flexible work schedules and opportunities to work remotely, educational reimbursement, retirement benefits, employee stock purchase plan, health benefits, disability benefits, life and accident insurance, voluntary benefits, paid time off and paid holidays, and parental leave.
Typical salary range for this position is $35/hour to $45/hour- and is commensurate with experience relative to the position.
Here’s What You’ll Need:
• Substantial professional years of experience in delivery of and/or supporting technical inspection work in a construction environment, specifically construction specifications, drawings, and documentation
• Experience working with municipal agencies or utility infrastructure organizations, work with Green Infrastructure a plus
• Fluent in spoken and written English
• Must be proficient in the use of computer to prepare reports using Microsoft Office programs such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
• Must possess the physical ability to move around an active construction site
• Experience with NYC DDC, NYCDOT or NYCDEP
• Accreditations and certifications through ICC, ACI, and AWS other special inspection areas
• Proficient with web-based construction document management platforms
• Excellent team player with exceptional interpersonal skills to deliver results
• Adept at interpersonal relationship building, conflict resolution, and participating in diverse teams
• Excellent communications, self-motivation, team-oriented work practices, and strong data analysis & technical problem-solving skills
• Able to visit different sites in Brooklyn and Queens so must require ability to travel between locations
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), age, medical condition, marital or domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression and transgender status, mental disability or physical disability, genetic information, military or veteran status, citizenship, low-income status or any other status or characteristic protected by applicable law. Learn more about your rights under Federal EEO laws (https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf) and supplemental language (https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/eeoc_gina_supplement.pdf) .
At Jacobs, we’re challenging today to reinvent tomorrow by solving the world’s most critical problems for thriving cities, resilient environments, mission-critical outcomes, operational advancement, scientific discovery and cutting-edge manufacturing, turning abstract ideas into realities that transform the world for good. With $13 billion in revenue and a talent force of more than 55,000, Jacobs provides a full spectrum of professional services including consulting, technical, scientific and project delivery for the government and private sector.