Jacobs Offshore Wind Engineering Lead in New York, New York
Our People & Places Solutions business – reinforces our drive to improve the lives of people everywhere and epitomizes the "why" of what we do – the tremendous positive impact and value our solutions bring to our communities and society as a whole. From facilities delivering life-saving therapies and ensuring clean water to enabling the connection of people through all modes of transportation and providing access to technology – we're integrating a multitude of these solution elements to build the smart environments of tomorrow.
Start your Jacobs career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed – today and into tomorrow.
Here at Jacobs, we apply our expertise and knowledge as we look into the future with great optimism and focus. We don’t settle until we give our best and know that we’re making a difference. If you want to join a company invested in you, your success and the global community - join us as our Offshore Wind Engineering Lead to help our communities achieve a net-zero future.
As a vital member of our team, you’ll be recognized as an industry leader and expert within Jacobs and spearhead our growing Offshore Wind practice. Primary focus will be on the US market, but you’ll be coordinating and working across multiple disciplines and regions to leverage Jacobs’ advisory, planning, permitting, and engineering expertise to strengthen our position in the offshore wind market. As the OSW Engineering Lead, you will help lead and build a multi-disciplinary team that can successfully deliver on the design and review of structures needed for offshore wind projects.
At Jacobs you’ll be instrumental in the growth and development of our Offshore Wind business strategy. You’ll contribute to our alternative energy wind projects/initiatives that have a significant impact upon our business. Your expertise in the design and construction of offshore structures will be critical in the delivery and positioning of Jacobs for upcoming offshore wind opportunities and programs.
Working together, we’ll help you grow and pursue what fulfills you so that we can make impacts on the future – big and small, global and local.
At Jacobs, we’re partnering across the globe to create the best project outcomes by maximizing the design, digital technology, and support capabilities of our Global Integrated Delivery (GID) teammates. By joining Jacobs, you’ll commit to supporting and engaging with these teams, as we work to build a company like no other.
Here’s What You’ll Need:
• Substantial years of experience in structural dynamics, numerical modeling, 3D finite element analysis, integrated load analyses, monopile design, steel jacket design, fatigue analysis, design of offshore structures, industry software, and program languages (e.g. STAAD.Pro, SAP, ROBOT, SACS, SESAM, BLADED, SQL, Matlab, Python)
• Strong knowledge of industry standards, offshore regulations, health & safety, and environmental legislation associated with offshore construction projects
• Be highly experienced in interfacing with other discipline specialists (structural, geotechnical, coastal, electrical, mechanical, BIM, etc.) and familiar with offshore codes and standards (DNVGL, ISO, UFC, AISC, API, etc.)
• Proven track record delivering large, complex, multidisciplinary projects and execution of works in an offshore environment
• Familiarity with the US offshore wind industry, its players, and market outlook and relationships with offshore wind developers, contractors, suppliers, or utilities involved in the development of offshore wind projects in the US
• Have an outgoing and customer-oriented attitude with the ability to build, and develop client relationships, and be a demonstrated and recognized Project Director and technical leader
• Bachelors Degree in Civil Engineering with Structural Focus
• Professional Engineering Registration
Ideally, You’ll Also Have:
• Advanced degree in structural or geotechnical engineering
• Experience in the development of an offshore wind including program management functions (e.g. budget, schedule, procurement).
• Familiarity and experience in the design of offshore floating structures
• Leadership skills and the ability to identify suitable candidates to help grow our offshore wind practice.
• SE Designation
Your most impactful mission in this role is to embrace living inclusion every day and enabling diversity and equality globally. For us, this means creating a culture of belonging where we all thrive by embracing all perspectives. An inclusive culture with many perspectives through diverse backgrounds allows us to leverage knowledge, leadership and connection to bring forth opportunity, creativity and growth.
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), age, medical condition, marital or domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression and transgender status, mental disability or physical disability, genetic information, military or veteran status, citizenship, low-income status or any other status or characteristic protected by applicable law. Learn more about your rights under Federal EEO laws (https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf) and supplemental language (https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/eeoc_gina_supplement.pdf) .
At Jacobs, we’re challenging today to reinvent tomorrow by solving the world’s most critical problems for thriving cities, resilient environments, mission-critical outcomes, operational advancement, scientific discovery and cutting-edge manufacturing, turning abstract ideas into realities that transform the world for good. With $13 billion in revenue and a talent force of more than 55,000, Jacobs provides a full spectrum of professional services including consulting, technical, scientific and project delivery for the government and private sector.