Jacobs Offshore Wind Market Director in New York, New York
Our People & Places Solutions business – reinforces our drive to improve the lives of people everywhere and epitomizes the "why" of what we do – the tremendous positive impact and value our solutions bring to our communities and society as a whole. From facilities delivering life-saving therapies and ensuring clean water to enabling the connection of people through all modes of transportation and providing access to technology – we're integrating a multitude of these solution elements to build the smart environments of tomorrow.
Start your Jacobs career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed – today and into tomorrow.
Here at Jacobs, we apply our expertise and knowledge as we look into the future with great optimism and focus. We don’t settle until we give our best and know that we’re making a difference. If you want to join a company invested in you, your success and the global community - join us as our Offshore Wind Market Director to help our communities achieve a net-zero future.
As a vital member of our team, you’ll be recognized as an industry leader and expert within Jacobs and spearhead our growing Offshore Wind practice. Primary focus will be on the US market, but you’ll be coordinating and working across multiple disciplines and regions to leverage Jacobs’ advisory, planning, permitting, and engineering expertise to strengthen our position in the offshore wind market.
At Jacobs you’ll be instrumental in the growth and development of our Offshore Wind business strategy. You’ll contribute to our alternative energy wind projects/initiatives that have a significant impact upon our business. We’ll ask you to leverage your industry relationships and expertise to position Jacobs for upcoming opportunities to expand our growing business of delivering complex offshore wind programs.
Working together, we’ll help you grow and pursue what fulfills you so that we can make impacts on the future – big and small, global and local.
At Jacobs, we’re partnering across the globe to create the best project outcomes by maximizing the design, digital technology, and support capabilities of our Global Integrated Delivery (GID) teammates. By joining Jacobs, you’ll commit to supporting and engaging with these teams, as we work to build a company like no other.
Here’s What You’ll Need:
• Experience in the development of an offshore wind farm including program management functions (e.g. budget, schedule, procurement).
• Good understanding of the offshore wind industry in order to be able to fully leverage Jacobs’ multi-disciplinary capabilities and expertise
• Proven track record delivering large, complex, multidisciplinary projects and execution of works in an offshore environment
• Understanding of bid proposal /business case development and submittal for offshore wind projects in response to state solicitations, including coordination and development of technical, commercial and development aspects, financial modeling and bid pricing.
• Experience in Owners Engineer, Lenders/Independent Engineer roles
• Be highly experienced in interfacing with other discipline specialists (structural, geotechnical, steel, concrete, electrical, mechanical, BIM, CADD, etc.)
• Strong industry connections
• Ability to market and sell our services to internal and external clients
• Familiarity with the US offshore wind industry, its players, and market outlook and relationships with offshore wind developers, suppliers, or utilities involved in the development of offshore wind projects in the US
• Leadership skills and the ability to identify suitable candidates to help grow our offshore wind practice.
• Bachelors Degree in Engineering Discipline (Electrical, Mechanical, Civil or Chemical)
• Professional Engineering License
Ideally, You’ll Also Have:
• Offshore engineering experience (in oil and gas, offshore wind, etc.)
Your most impactful mission in this role is to embrace living inclusion every day and enabling diversity and equality globally. For us, this means creating a culture of belonging where we all thrive by embracing all perspectives. An inclusive culture with many perspectives through diverse backgrounds allows us to leverage knowledge, leadership and connection to bring forth opportunity, creativity and growth.
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), age, medical condition, marital or domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression and transgender status, mental disability or physical disability, genetic information, military or veteran status, citizenship, low-income status or any other status or characteristic protected by applicable law. Learn more about your rights under Federal EEO laws (https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf) and supplemental language (https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/eeoc_gina_supplement.pdf) .
At Jacobs, we’re challenging today to reinvent tomorrow by solving the world’s most critical problems for thriving cities, resilient environments, mission-critical outcomes, operational advancement, scientific discovery and cutting-edge manufacturing, turning abstract ideas into realities that transform the world for good. With $13 billion in revenue and a talent force of more than 55,000, Jacobs provides a full spectrum of professional services including consulting, technical, scientific and project delivery for the government and private sector.