Jacobs Project Architect in New York, New York
The Buildings & Infrastructure (B&I) Line of Business is a global network of approximately 11,500 employees, which serves both the private and public sector. Our employees work to shape the communities we live in by creating world-class projects that transform the future development patterns of those communities. We provide our clients award-winning planning, engineering, architectural and interior design, construction and program management, and design-build project delivery. The Jacobs business model allows us to successfully service our clients, leverage our integrated services, and provide our employees with growth opportunities while delivering global solutions to our client's local programs.
We consistently receive high rankings from Engineering News-Record (ENR) in many classifications, including the categories of Top Design Firms, Top Contractors, Top Green Buildings Design Firms, and Top Transportation Companies.
Our New York office features a close knit energetic architectural studio that is growing. This position will require the ability to multi-task and successfully execute across the wide spectrum of tasks and disciplines. Candidate must think outside the box and bring an innovative and collaborative approach. Candidate will work with team members located in other offices, and respond well to mentoring as appropriate to the level of the position. Working closely with Senior Project Architects, Design Manager and Project Managers, this role will work closely with architectural design and technical leadership as well as engineering discipline project leads to design, develop, document, observe, and administer the construction of complex program driven facilities.
- Plans, programs, designs, authors, coordinates, and supervises construction of building projects for clients according to their desires, needs, and financial resources
- Responsible for developing, maintaining and revising project budgets and schedules
- Prepares or assists in preparing project pro-service budget estimates and design schedules
- Monitors the progress of design work and facilitates adjustments in the work flow to maintain performance
- Monitors architectural project scope development and changes, tracking adjustments to the projected project construction cost
- Researches, programs, plans, designs, and administers building projects for clients, applying knowledge of architectural design, construction detailing, construction procedures, zoning and building codes, and building materials
- Plans and programs layout of project(s); coordinates and integrates engineering elements into unified design for client review and approval
- Conducts periodic on-site observation of work during construction to monitor compliance with Detailed Design Documents
- May prepare client project presentations studies, and reports
- May interact with client, client representatives, and constructors regarding technical aspects of project design, delivery, or construction
- Utilizes computer-assisted design software and equipment to prepare project designs and plans
- May direct, supervise and check activities of workers engaged in preparing drawings and specification documents for the Conceptual Design Phase, Schematic Design Phase, and/or the Detailed Design Phase of a project.
Reporting directly to the Project Manager or Lab Planning Director, this role, is responsible for programming, planning and detailed design, and administers Lab fit up projects for clients, applying knowledge of lab planning, architectural design, construction detailing, construction procedures, building codes, and building materials for clients according to their desires, needs, and financial resources.
Plans and programs layout of project(s); coordinates and integrates all other discipline elements into unified design for client review and approval.
Prepare client project presentations studies, and reports.
Utilizes computer-assisted design software and equipment to prepare project designs and plans
Prepare drawings and coordinate specification documents for the Conceptual, Schematic, Design Development and Construction Documents Phase of a project while conforming to budgets and schedules.
Conducts periodic on-site observation of work during construction to monitor compliance with detailed design documents.
Monitors architectural project scope development and changes, tracking adjustments to the project.
Experience managing client expectations, team communication and consultant coordination.
- Minimum 10 years' related experience in vertical building design is required
- BA/BS or Bachelors in Architecture is required
- Registered Architect is required
-Experience in the design and development of laboratories in either the pharmaceutical or biomedical industry required
- Proficiency in Revit, AutoCAD, SketchUp, Adobe Creative Suite, and Microsoft Office suite is required
- Familiarity with building codes requirements is required
- Demonstrated ability to lead project teams is required
- Some travel may be required
- Masters in Architecture is preferred
- Strong organizational, communications (both verbal and written) skills, and leadership abilities required
- Ability to effectively coordinate with internal architectural and engineering team members is required
- Participation in professional organizations is preferred
- Ability to organize and prioritize tasks is required
- Experience in rail transportation and aviation work preferred
At Jacobs, we help prepare people for new opportunities and challenges. With positions at every level, openings in multiple disciplines, expertise in a range of markets and offices around the globe, we create an environment where you can learn, grow, and thrive. From our competitive benefits program to our Health and Safety initiative of Beyond Zero workplace injuries, we believe that you'll find a flourishing career here at Jacobs.
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Jacobs is a drug-free workplace.
Primary Location United States-New York-New York
Req ID: BI 0006FB