Jacobs Senior Project Manager - Bridges and Structures in New York, New York
Our People & Places Solutions business – reinforces our drive to improve the lives of people everywhere and epitomizes the "why" of what we do – the tremendous positive impact and value our solutions bring to our communities and society as a whole. From facilities delivering life-saving therapies and ensuring clean water to enabling the connection of people through all modes of transportation and providing access to technology – we're integrating a multitude of these solution elements to build the smart environments of tomorrow.
Start your Jacobs career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed – today and into tomorrow.
Jacobs is much more than just a traditional engineering company and we’re pushing the limits of what’s possible. We stay ahead to create the new standards our future needs therefore in preparation of approaching infrastructure funds, we’d like the opportunity to start conversations regarding our team and how we differentiate ourselves in the market.
Our Bridge Engineering Professionals are vital members of our New York team, and drawing upon your bridge engineer expertise you’ll have the opportunity to work on transportation projects that focus on bridges (both vehicular and rail) and other transportation structure designs. When you join us, you’ll serve in a Project Management role on bridge design projects and oversee multi-disciplined design team and engineering teams.
We’ll challenge you with growth opportunities such as business development, client presentations, proposal preparation, estimating project costs, contract negotiations, and overseeing and ensuring that project quality, schedule, and budget requirements are met – all of which help ensure the successful delivery of the project from beginning to end.
The successful candidate will possess knowledge and experience in:
• Planning, analysis including use of structural modeling software, design, plan preparation, specification development, bridge inspections, and report writing.
• Must be comfortable being viewed as a technical resource for engineering analysis and design of bridges and have a proven background of technical leadership on structural transportation projects.
• General understanding of related disciplines, traffic, and geotechnical engineering is a plus.
• Successful team project experience coordinating the activities on bridge transportation engineering projects to ensure that goals or objectives of these projects are accomplished within prescribed time frame and funding parameters.
• Establishing work plans and multi-disciplinary staffing for each phase of a project and assisting in assignment of project personnel. Comfortable working as a team directing and coordinating the activities of Project Engineers, Engineers, and Technicians to ensure project progresses on schedule and within prescribed budget.
• Should be active in technical societies and be available to attend meetings or events outside normal working hours.
• Experience in a teamwork environment and supervising junior engineers and technicians.
At Jacobs, we’re partnering across the globe to create the best project outcomes by maximizing the design, digital technology, and support capabilities of our Global Integrated Delivery (GID) teammates. By joining Jacobs, you’ll commit to supporting and engaging with these teams, as we work to build a company like no other.
Let’s engineer for a brighter future together!
Jacobs health and welfare benefits are designed to invest in you, and in the things you care about. Your health. Your well-being. Your security. Your future. Typical benefits offered include flexible work schedules and opportunities to work remotely, educational reimbursement, retirement benefits, employee stock purchase plan, health benefits, disability benefits, life and accident insurance, voluntary benefits, paid time off and paid holidays, and parental leave.
Typical salary range for this position is $175,000 to $250,000- and is commensurate with experience relative to the position.
Here’s What You’ll Need:
• Bachelor of Science degree
• Substantial years of demonstrated experience on various types of bridges, to include analysis, design and plan development of new and rehabilitation projects
• Previously demonstrated project experience and established relationships with New York City DOT, New York State DOT, Port Authority of New York and New Jersey and MTA
• Established relationships with other industry professionals and firms.
• Demonstrated ability to assemble complete plans, specifications and estimates for project deliverables.
• NY Professional Engineer (PE)
• Must have a solid understanding of and practical experience applying the AASHTO LRFD Bridge Design Specifications and AREMA to transportation structures.
• Must have excellent communication skills with focus on quality, safety, and client satisfaction.
Ideally, You’ll Also Have:
• MSCE or Masters of Structural Engineering preferred. A structural emphasis is preferred with coursework to include structural analysis, foundations, and design with structural steel, reinforced concrete, prestressed concrete, and seismic design. Experience in design of piers, abutments, retaining walls and superstructure including bearings, girders, decks, joints, parapets, sign structures and ancillary structures.
• Experience serving as a Project Manager for bridge and infrastructure projects
• Lead Structural Engineer for bridge and infrastructure projects
• Experience serving as a Design Manager/Deputy Design Manager for Design-Build projects
At Jacobs, we’re challenging today to reinvent tomorrow by solving the world’s most critical problems for thriving cities, resilient environments, mission-critical outcomes, operational advancement, scientific discovery and cutting-edge manufacturing, turning abstract ideas into realities that transform the world for good. With $15 billion in revenue and a talent force of more than 60,000, Jacobs provides a full spectrum of professional services including consulting, technical, scientific and project delivery for the government and private sector.
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), age, medical condition, marital or domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression and transgender status, mental disability or physical disability, genetic information, military or veteran status, citizenship, low-income status or any other status or characteristic protected by applicable law. Learn more about your rights under Federal EEO laws and supplemental language.