Jacobs Structural PE- Ports & Maritime in New York, New York
Our People & Places Solutions business – reinforces our drive to improve the lives of people everywhere and epitomizes the "why" of what we do – the tremendous positive impact and value our solutions bring to our communities and society as a whole. From facilities delivering life-saving therapies and ensuring clean water to enabling the connection of people through all modes of transportation and providing access to technology – we're integrating a multitude of these solution elements to build the smart environments of tomorrow.
Start your Jacobs career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed – today and into tomorrow.
As a Ports & Maritime Engineer, you’ll have the chance to work with our global multi-disciplinary team of engineers on ports and maritime projects worldwide. You’ll be involved as part of the team with design, analysis, and delivery of projects ranging from local waterfront projects to large scale international port developments.
We’ll provide you the challenge of working on coordination and design of structural rehabilitation and retrofit projects as well as new marine structures. Also, you’ll have the opportunity to serve as a full-time or part-time resident engineer on infrastructure development projects throughout the New York City metropolitan area. During your time with us, you will lead or assist in the preparation of structural calculations/designs, contract drawings and specifications, cost estimates, construction schedules, engineering reports, and construction/field reports. You will be given the opportunity to interface with clients and subconsultants, give presentations and work on technical proposals.
This position provides excellent growth opportunity and professional visibility as part of a world class ports and maritime practice.
At Jacobs, we’re partnering across the globe to create the best project outcomes by maximizing the design, digital technology, and support capabilities of our Global Integrated Delivery (GID) teammates. By joining Jacobs, you’ll commit to supporting and engaging with these teams, as we work to build a company like no other.
Here’s What You’ll Need:
• Substantial years of progressive experience as a Structural Engineer in the design and construction of concrete and steel structures
• Bachelor of Science Degree in Civil Engineering or related engineering field from an ABET accredited university or college
• Working knowledge of ACI, AISC, and AASHTO
• Professional Engineer License (or the ability to obtain one within one year) (New York State is preferred).
o If close to obtaining a license or scheduled for the exam, the candidate will be considered.
• Working knowledge of building codes and concrete, steel and timber design
• Experience in preparation of construction drawings and specifications
• Proficiency with structural analysis programs (preferably STAAD.Pro) and familiarity with AutoCAD and/or Revit
• Ability to manage multiple tasks and small projects independently
Ideally, You’ll Also Have:
• Masters of Science Degree in Civil Engineering with a concentration in Structural Engineering is preferred
• Familiarity with international codes such as the Eurocode and British Standard
• Field work and construction experience
• Experience in designing, estimating, rehabilitation or supervising construction of marine structures and facilities
• Experience in working with NYC agencies such as DEP, MTA, DDC, DOT, etc.
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), age, medical condition, marital or domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression and transgender status, mental disability or physical disability, genetic information, military or veteran status, citizenship, low-income status or any other status or characteristic protected by applicable law. Learn more about your rights under Federal EEO laws (https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf) and supplemental language (https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/eeoc_gina_supplement.pdf) .
At Jacobs, we’re challenging today to reinvent tomorrow by solving the world’s most critical problems for thriving cities, resilient environments, mission-critical outcomes, operational advancement, scientific discovery and cutting-edge manufacturing, turning abstract ideas into realities that transform the world for good. With $13 billion in revenue and a talent force of more than 55,000, Jacobs provides a full spectrum of professional services including consulting, technical, scientific and project delivery for the government and private sector.