Jacobs Senior Biologist in Oakland, California
Our People & Places Solutions business – reinforces our drive to improve the lives of people everywhere and epitomizes the "why" of what we do – the tremendous positive impact and value our solutions bring to our communities and society as a whole. From facilities delivering life-saving therapies and ensuring clean water to enabling the connection of people through all modes of transportation and providing access to technology – we're integrating a multitude of these solution elements to build the smart environments of tomorrow.
Start your Jacobs career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed – today and into tomorrow.
When it comes to environmental consulting, we’re helping our clients protect our world’s natural resources. As a biologist/ecologist you will provide support and expertise in field biology, regulatory strategy, California Environmental Quality Act (CEQA) and National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA) analysis, permitting, and project management. You’ll apply your strong background in botanical, avian, wetland, general wildlife and/or familiarity and experience with land use and biological/water resource permitting to challenging natural resources projects.
Based in Oakland, California you’ll have the opportunity to perform both field and office work, including field work during construction of projects, coordination of environmental compliance across large projects, focused biological surveys, and project management. You’ll serve as a key team member, building upon your experience and mentoring others. You’ll be challenged as you support multiple projects with a variety of assignments, including transportation, renewable energy, water storage, and other forms of critical infrastructure. Bring your enthusiasm and desire to conserve our natural resources, and we’ll help you grow what drives you.
At Jacobs, we’re partnering across the globe to create the best project outcomes by maximizing the design, digital technology, and support capabilities of our Global Integrated Delivery (GID) teammates. By joining Jacobs, you’ll commit to supporting and engaging with these teams, as we work to build a company like no other. Bring your enthusiasm and desire to conserve our natural resources, and we’ll help you grow what drives you.
Our “Future of Work” approach will offer you the opportunity to spend time working both in the office and time working from home. We want you to be empowered to deliver the boldest solutions for everyday living so explore us!
Here’s What You’ll Need:
Bachelor’s Degree in Biology, Environmental Science, Ecology, or similar discipline
• Biology and environmental consulting experience
• Extensive experience leading teams of field scientists
• Experience leading environmental impact evaluation (CEQA and NEPA), siting reports, and environmental permit applications, including field surveys and reporting, resource and impact evaluations, and Section 7 Endangered Species Act Consultation
• Experience with environmental permitting of projects including: US Army Corps of Engineers Clean Water Act (CWA) Section 404 wetland permitting, CWA Section 401 water quality certifications, and other environmental permitting
• Experience performing various biological field surveys for planning and construction.
• Demonstrated experience with preparation of resource agency permitting documents and other technical reports.
• Ability to foster relationships with large project teams, client, client’s contractors and regulatory agency staff.
• Ability to manage multiple tasks/projects and field personnel, while still engaging in regular field work and compliance monitoring.
- Experience with project management and preparing proposals.
• Ability to travel and work in the field.
Ideally, you’ll also have:
Master’s degree or other graduate degree
Possession of a state [Scientific Collecting/MOU] or federal permit [10(a)1(A)] for listed species
OSHA 40-hr HazWoper and OSHA 10-hr Construction Safety Training
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), age, medical condition, marital or domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression and transgender status, mental disability or physical disability, genetic information, military or veteran status, citizenship, low-income status or any other status or characteristic protected by applicable law. Learn more about your rights under Federal EEO laws (https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf) and supplemental language (https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/eeoc_gina_supplement.pdf) .
At Jacobs, we’re challenging today to reinvent tomorrow by solving the world’s most critical problems for thriving cities, resilient environments, mission-critical outcomes, operational advancement, scientific discovery and cutting-edge manufacturing, turning abstract ideas into realities that transform the world for good. With $13 billion in revenue and a talent force of more than 55,000, Jacobs provides a full spectrum of professional services including consulting, technical, scientific and project delivery for the government and private sector.