Jacobs Contract Administration Professional in Orlando, Florida
Our People & Places Solutions business – reinforces our drive to improve the lives of people everywhere and epitomizes the "why" of what we do – the tremendous positive impact and value our solutions bring to our communities and society as a whole. From facilities delivering life-saving therapies and ensuring clean water to enabling the connection of people through all modes of transportation and providing access to technology – we're integrating a multitude of these solution elements to build the smart environments of tomorrow.
Start your Jacobs career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed – today and into tomorrow.
At Jacobs, we challenge what is currently accepted, so we can shape innovative and lasting solutions for tomorrow. Through the delivery of our operations and maintenance services, you’ll make it simpler and more seamless for our private and public sector clients to operate safely and efficiently, empowering communities to focus on what matters most to them – people. Our teams work to shape the communities we live in by creating world-class projects that transform the future development patterns of those communities. The Jacobs business model allows us to successfully service our clients, leverage our integrated services, and provide our employees with growth opportunities while delivering global solutions to our client’s local programs.
As a Contracts Professional you’ll administer the prime contracts with various clients, implement effective contracts administration procedures consistent with Jacobs’ established policies and procedures. You’ll play a critical role in proposal support, internal reviews, negotiation support and administration of the Prime Contract in support of Sales, Operations, and Project Managers. You’ll become fully integrated with the project core team, providing contract administration, risk management, advising proposal teams on contract risk terms, evaluate compliance requirements defined in RFPs and contracts including review of government regulations, statutes, and Client procedures and requirements. In partnership with project managers and operations teams, you’ll ensure proper change management and reimbursement by clients for valid contract changes.
Here’s a summary of the contributions you’ll make to assigned contracts:
• Advise the PM and Operations on contractual significance of proposed actions.
• Prepare and provide contractually significant communications and notices
• Provide support to business and execution units in the formation of prime contracts, including participating in the proposal, prime contract review, joint ventures and/or subcontract partnering, and risk assessment process
• Work with the PM and Operations to ensure proper change management and reimbursement by client for valid contract changes.
• Ensure compliance with government regulations, statutes, and Client procedures and requirements
• Coordinate with the Legal, Insurance, Risk, Project Controls, and Project Business Services on commercial terms and risk issues
• Evaluate cost, payment, insurance, risk, indemnification, and other material terms of agreements to provide recommended language to provide protection to Jacobs and update assessment throughout the project performance.
• Participate in functional management team reviews
There’s something that drives everyone – and we want you to evolve your career, discover unexpected opportunities and ensure you can deliver on tomorrow.
Here’s What You’ll Need:
• Experience in prime contract administration and/or subcontract management
• Demonstrated knowledge of the contracting process in public sector contracting at the local and state levels.
Ideally, you’ll also have:
• Experience with transportation/transit agency contracting terms, requirements and procedures
• Bachelor’s degree, paralegal certification and/or equivalent experience in related field
• Professional applicable experience including prime contract administration and/or subcontract administration
• Prior experience with an engineering firm working with public sector clients
• Experience with Construction /Program Management services contracts a plus
• Change order/Claims negotiation/management experience a plus
• Proposal phase experience reviewing RFPs, certs and reps compliance, contract terms and risk assessment support
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), age, medical condition, marital or domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression and transgender status, mental disability or physical disability, genetic information, military or veteran status, citizenship, low-income status or any other status or characteristic protected by applicable law. Learn more about your rights under Federal EEO laws (https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf) and supplemental language (https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/eeoc_gina_supplement.pdf) .
At Jacobs, we’re challenging today to reinvent tomorrow by solving the world’s most critical problems for thriving cities, resilient environments, mission-critical outcomes, operational advancement, scientific discovery and cutting-edge manufacturing, turning abstract ideas into realities that transform the world for good. With $13 billion in revenue and a talent force of more than 55,000, Jacobs provides a full spectrum of professional services including consulting, technical, scientific and project delivery for the government and private sector.