Jacobs Project Manager - Transportation in Ottawa, Ontario
The Buildings & Infrastructure Line of Business is a global network of employees, which serves both the private and public sector. Our employees work to shape the communities we live in by creating world-class projects that transform the future development patterns of those communities. We provide our clients award-winning planning, engineering, architectural and interior design, construction and program management, and design-build project delivery. The Jacobs business model allows us to successfully service our clients, leverage our integrated services, and provide our employees with growth opportunities while delivering global solutions to our client’s local programs.
We consistently receive high rankings from Engineering News-Record (ENR) in many classifications, including the categories of Top Design Firms, Top Contractors, Top Green Buildings Design Firms, and Top Transportation Companies.
We are looking a highly motivated and personable individual to help lead and expand our transportation engineering and design team in Ottawa. As Project Manager in our Transportation team you will be responsible for undertaking and coordinating the design delivery on multiple assignments simultaneously, coordinating the design with other practices, and liaise with our global engineering and design resources.
· Lead the Preliminary and Detailed Design of transportation projects of various sizes.
· Lead the project team through all phases of project execution and closeout.
· Provide consistency and efficiencies in project delivery including scope, schedule, budget and other specified requirements stated in the contract.
· Serve as a technical leader and mentor to junior staff by assisting with answering technical questions and concerns.
· Champion the delivery of high quality projects that meet or exceed client expectations.
· Manage and coordinate discipline leads to deliver project deliverables.
· Provide design and design management deliverables to other Project Managers.
· Monitor project design execution and progress, staff resource, schedule, scope, and budget.
· Develop client relationships in key markets and help to identify upcoming opportunities.
· Work with the sales team in client strategy, production and pricing of proposals.
Bachelor’s Degree in engineering.
15 years of roadway and municipal design experience in Ontario.
Licensed professional engineer in the Province of Ontario.
Clear verbal and written communication skills. French is considered an asset.
Experience with City of Ottawa, National Capital Commission (NCC), other municipal clients, and transit assignments. Highway (MTO) design experience is considered an asset.
Job: *Engineering - Civil
Title: Project Manager - Transportation
Location: CA ONTARIO-Ottawa
Requisition ID: 180004GR
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Jacobs is a background screening, drug-free workplace.