Jacobs Water/Wastewater Engineer in Panama City, Florida
Our People & Places Solutions business – reinforces our drive to improve the lives of people everywhere and epitomizes the "why" of what we do – the tremendous positive impact and value our solutions bring to our communities and society as a whole. From facilities delivering life-saving therapies and ensuring clean water to enabling the connection of people through all modes of transportation and providing access to technology – we're integrating a multitude of these solution elements to build the smart environments of tomorrow.
Start your Jacobs career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed – today and into tomorrow.
We are looking for a Senior Water/Wastewater Engineer to join our team serving our southeast water/wastewater/water resource clients. The candidate will work on a variety of water/wastewater projects serving our municipal, federal, industrial, and other clients. This position will be required to work independently and as part of larger multi-discipline teams to develop design concepts and prepare preliminary and detailed designs. The successful candidate will be comfortable working on a wide variety of tasks and with peers in the Florida Panhandle and throughout the company. This position offers a self-motivated professional an opportunity to grow personally as well as professionally within our diverse and fast-paced office.
• Provide planning, consulting, design, and construction-phase services for municipal, federal, industrial, and other clients over a wide variety of fields.
• Prepare conceptual designs, detailed design drawings, and construction specifications.
• Coordinate wastewater process work with other discipline engineering and design staff.
• Provides technical guidance and mentor less experienced and remote design and engineering personnel.
• Participate in planning, cost development, and scheduling for assigned projects.
• Work with subject matter experts in offices throughout the United States.
Here’s What You’ll Need:
To be a successful candidate, you shall possess:
• B.S. in Civil, Environmental, Chemical, or related engineering discipline
• 10+ years of experience in the water/wastewater field
• Licensed Profession Engineer (PE), with the ability to obtain licensing in Florida and other states
• Experience working in a multi-discipline project team
• Strong written and oral communication skills
Ideally, You’ll Also Have:
• Master's degree in Civil, Environmental, or related engineering discipline
• Experience working with biological treatment processes, for example, nitrification, denitrification, enhanced biological phosphorus removal
• Experience working with biosolids processes
• Proficient with BioWin or similar wastewater processes modeling software.
• Lab skills including bench-scale testing and wet chemistry analysis related to wastewater.
At Jacobs, we’re challenging today to reinvent tomorrow by solving the world’s most critical problems for thriving cities, resilient environments, mission-critical outcomes, operational advancement, scientific discovery and cutting-edge manufacturing, turning abstract ideas into realities that transform the world for good. With $15 billion in revenue and a talent force of more than 60,000, Jacobs provides a full spectrum of professional services including consulting, technical, scientific and project delivery for the government and private sector.
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), age, medical condition, marital or domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression and transgender status, mental disability or physical disability, genetic information, military or veteran status, citizenship, low-income status or any other status or characteristic protected by applicable law. Learn more about your rights under Federal EEO laws and supplemental language.