Jacobs Chief Water Operator - Pembroke Pines, FL in Pembroke Pines, Florida
Our People & Places Solutions business – reinforces our drive to improve the lives of people everywhere and epitomizes the "why" of what we do – the tremendous positive impact and value our solutions bring to our communities and society as a whole. From facilities delivering life-saving therapies and ensuring clean water to enabling the connection of people through all modes of transportation and providing access to technology – we're integrating a multitude of these solution elements to build the smart environments of tomorrow.
Start your Jacobs career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed – today and into tomorrow.
Jacobs is seeking a Chief Water Operator to join our team in Pembroke Pines, FL. In this role, you'll have direct responsible charge of a water treatment plant (WTP) with a rated capacity of 18.0 MGD. The method of treatment is by lime softening, filtration, ion exchange and disinfection. The city has two 2.0 MG and one 1.0 MG tanks at the water treatment plant and is supplied by a total of nine wells. In addition to the WTP, the city has three 2.5 MG finished water storage tanks and re-chlorination facilities located in the west section of the city.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
• This is a highly skilled technical work in monitoring and record keeping of water treatment facilities involving extensive supervisory and administrative duties and related exposure to work in field conditions
• Responsible for operating and overseeing a complex water treatment plant(s) that involves Lime Softening and Ion Exchange treatment
• Ensure compliance with all applicable Florida Administrative Codes, laws, rules, standards and permit requirements
• May perform daily laboratory, field analyses, and routine calibrations for the water purification treatment processes and assist the operator's in performing the duties associated with the facilities
• Responsible for overseeing and adhering to proper safety standards and procedures, use of safety equipment, and responsible for maintaining all safety related records
• Maintains, prepares, and submits all required EPA, Florida Department of Environmental Protection (FDEP)
• Collects and submits data as required to assist with Department operations, such as budget preparation and purchasing planning
• Oversees general maintenance tasks necessary to keep water treatment plant facilities in compliance
• Maintains plant cleanliness and housekeeping through operations staff
• Responsible for calibrating monitoring equipment, performing minor repairs, replacing parts, cleaning equipment (or work area) and reporting faulty equipment
• Supervises and trains operators in the use of new equipment and procedures
• Prepares annual performance evaluations for subordinates
• Oversees and assist in the compliance sampling requirements for all associated facilities and distribution systems
• Works with SCADA system to make operational changes to the plant operating parameters
• Interprets data feedback from the SCADA system
• Informs staff of upcoming tasks, critical events, changes in policy or procedure, and other relevant information, address customer concerns efficiently and professionally
• Monitors and orders treatment plant chemicals and supplies as needed to maintain an adequate level of inventory
• Responds to both internal and external customers to resolve any issues that may arise
• Approves time sheets & PTO request
• In the event of an emergency, all employees are considered essential personnel and may be required to perform alternate duties
• Performs after-hours standby duties and responds to emergency situations as needed
• Performs other duties as assigned or as may be necessary
Bring your team-focus, adaptability, and commitment to excellence, and we’ll help you grow what drives you – and deliver the world’s most challenging Operations Management projects, together.
Jacobs health and welfare benefits are designed to invest in you, and in the things you care about. Your health. Your well-being. Your security. Your future. Eligible employees and their dependents may elect medical, dental, vision, and basic life insurance. Employees are able to enroll in our company’s 401k plan, and if eligible, a deferred compensation plan, and Executive Deferral Plan. We have an unlimited U.S. Personalized Paid Time Off (PPTO) policy for eligible full-time exempt employees, seven paid holidays, one floating holiday, and caregiver leave. Hired applicants will be able to purchase discounted company stock and have the opportunity to receive a performance discretionary bonus.
#omfs #bia #ourjacobs
Here’s What You’ll Need:
**Review carefully. Candidate hired must match all qualifications listed.
• Minimum of five (5) years' experience that includes water treatment plant operations, equipment maintenance, regulatory compliance and reporting, and an extensive amount of supervisory or Lead Operator experience
• Must possess a valid Class "A" Water Plant Operator's license that is issued by the Florida or ability to obtain an “A” license within six months of hire
• A comparable amount of education, training, or experience may be substituted for the minimum qualifications
• Must possess and maintain a valid Florida Driver License, Class "E"
• Must be able to utilize Microsoft Office Programs for preparation of routine paperwork and records
• Familiar with computer operations and data entry procedures as they pertain to operational needs
• Must have experience working with State Regulatory agencies such as Florida Department of Environmental Protection
• Must have normal color vision
• Must be available to work any hours or days as may be required
• Must be able to perform physically demanding job duties under adverse weather conditions
• Must be able to climb a thirty (30) foot vertical ladder
• Must be able to lift and maneuver objects up to twenty-five (25) pounds
• This position does not normally operate under direct supervision, and requires excellent decision-making abilities, personal initiative and responsibility
• Must become proficient in SCADA Operations
Ideally, You'll Also Have:
• High School diploma, GED or equivalent
• Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and Adobe
• Ability to work with diverse teams
• Experience in working with lime softening plants
• Experience with ion exchange units
Working Conditions & Physical Requirements:
The work area can involve a working environment indoors as well as outdoors, which could cause exposure to outdoor elements; proper environmental attire will be required. Some areas can have loud noise, active machinery, high pressure fluid systems, electrical equipment, confined spaces, heights and depths, fumes, air borne particles, noxious gases, and chemicals. The use of appropriate safety equipment will be mandatory in these areas to prevent hazardous contact.
Must be able to sit, stand, stoop, twist and bend at the waist, turn, kneel, squat, raise arms above shoulder height, grasp, reach, perform repetitive hand movements and fine coordination to work on equipment and piping, have hearing in the normal range with or without correction. In an 8-hour shift must be able to transport self across the facility, ascend and descend stair steps.
At Jacobs, we’re challenging today to reinvent tomorrow by solving the world’s most critical problems for thriving cities, resilient environments, mission-critical outcomes, operational advancement, scientific discovery and cutting-edge manufacturing, turning abstract ideas into realities that transform the world for good. With $15 billion in revenue and a talent force of more than 60,000, Jacobs provides a full spectrum of professional services including consulting, technical, scientific and project delivery for the government and private sector.
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), age, medical condition, marital or domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression and transgender status, mental disability or physical disability, genetic information, military or veteran status, citizenship, low-income status or any other status or characteristic protected by applicable law. Learn more about your rights under Federal EEO laws and supplemental language.